Sunday, June 7, 2020

May 31 to June 6, 2020

Sunday ; Mix of sun and clouds, chilly, windy.

This afternoon I continued working on the camper plumbing rebuild project. It went reasonably well. I didn’t cut any fingers off today ! I’ve done as much as 
I can until I obtain the rest of the materials I need, ordered last week at Leisureland RV in Penticton.

I was impaired today by a very sore back, a rare occurrence for me. In the morning I took some backache medications, and in the afternoon I did some back exercises. By evening there was some improvement.

Monday ; Mostly sunny, mild, windy.

A few days ago I made a public commitment to participate in a new activist movement, and “bear witness” when I see law enforcement agents engaging with people of colour. Today, with heavy hearts, Joanne and I made another commitment. We will spend next winter season selling our U.S. based winter home. We can no longer spend our winters in a “shithole” country like the United States of America.

Tuesday ; Sunny, mild, windy.

We lingered a long time over breakfast, sadly planning and discussing our “strategy” for next winter season. In the afternoon I did annual fire extinguisher maintenance ( one in the home, one in the minivan, one in the truck, one in the camper ). I took photos of our home, gazebo, and shed and submitted them to our insurance agent. I filled out, scanned, and submitted to our insurance agent a new home insurance policy application. I posted more “for sale” ads of surplus “stuff”. I sharpened knives. I paid bills online. I reconciled May’s bank statements.

And … we watched a lot of disheartening news, both online and on television.

Wednesday ; Sunny until late afternoon, mild, windy. Joanne cooked Cabbage Roll Casserole ( aka Lazy Cabbage Rolls ) in the Sun Oven today.

This afternoon we worked on the deck baluster project. We took the 28 pieces of lumber that I bought a week ago to our park’s woodworking shop and I used a radial arm saw to cut them into 84 balusters. Then we returned to our yard and 
I used my belt sander to sand both cut ends of each baluster. Good teamwork ! Thank you, my dear ! Next step will be to measure, mark, and drill each baluster. Maybe tomorrow.

In the evening I worked on month end investment updates. Didn’t finish !

Thursday ; Mostly cloudy, mild, horrific mosquitoes !

I spent the morning searching for my missing letter opener. How the hell can a letter opener get lost ? ! ?

This afternoon, again working with Joanne as my assistant, I measured, marked, and drilled the 84 balusters we cut yesterday.

Our outdoor work, and our exercise walk, were plagued by mosquitoes. < sigh > It’s no wonder that we have always spent the month of June traveling !

Friday ; Overcast, mild, storm starting at bedtime.

This afternoon Joanne started working on staining balusters. I dismantled and “cleaned” some scrap wood, removing many screws. We loaded the truck’s tailgate into the minivan, in preparation for taking it to Westbank next week, to meet its buyer.

In the evening I finished monthly updating of my investment files. And … like every day for the last week and a half … we watched a lot of television news ! And … < sigh > … discussed and planned our winter “strategy”.

Saturday ; Overcast, mild, windy, rain briefly around suppertime.

Joanne continued staining balusters. I removed the lattice from one of the three sides of the deck. I did some maintenance work on the truck. Our daily half hour exercise walk was cut short by the chilly weather and strong winds in advance of a rainstorm.

After supper ( perogies ! ) we had a movie date. My idea ! We watched “How To Train Your Dragon”.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment