Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 24 to 30, 2020

Sunday ; Mostly sunny and mild.

This afternoon Joanne helped me dig some items out of storage and take pictures of them so that I could post ads for sale. It’s time to get rid of some surplus stuff, including the truck’s tailgate and a pair of loading ramps to load heavy items into the back of a truck.

I posted my weekly blog entry. I compiled six months of blood pressure readings to discuss ( way too early ! ) tomorrow morning with my family doctor in a video meeting.

Monday ; Raining until suppertime.

I had a “telemedicine” appointment with my doctor early this morning. We discussed my blood pressure ( as always ) and a couple of suspicious moles on my back. Later in the day, Joanne used my camera to take photos of them which I sent to my doctor.

While I was on the video call with my doctor I received a telephone call regarding the "for sale" ad of my truck tailgate. KA-CHING ! SOLD ! Well … that was easy ! The seller lives in Vernon. I agreed to deliver the tailgate to Westbank, about halfway to Vernon, in a couple of weeks.

As we do most days, we did an online exercise video session just before lunch, and went for a brisk walk for half an hour just before supper. My outdoor work plans for the day were postponed until Wednesday due to the weather.

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm.

WHEW ! Another very long, very tiring day of shopping and running errands in Penticton. We left home at noon, and returned home at 7 PM. And for most of the day we went our separate ways to increase our efficiency.

We returned home at the same time as a Keremeos resident arrived to view the truck loading ramps I had posted for sale two days ago. KA-CHING ! SOLD ! Wow … two items advertised, both items sold to the first callers, within two days. I suppose I should accelerate the purging of surplus / unnecessary items from our shed and yard !

We brought home take out food for dinner from our favourite Asian restaurant in Penticton. It was … GREAT ! As we were finishing our late dinner Joanne’s sister phoned and they had a lengthy chat.

Wednesday ; Sunny, very warm, a bit windy. Joanne cooked Beef Carbonnade in the Sun Oven today.

I did some routine maintenance on the truck and my bicycle today. I did some gardening. We took the minivan’s redundant third seat out of storage ( in the 
shed ) and I took photos of it to post a “for sale” ad online. And while I was doing that, I decided I might as well try to sell my bicycle and one of our three 12 volt cooler fridges. I’m on a purge roll ! HA HA HA !

At 4 PM I tuned into an online music concert performed by Suzie Vinnick, a blues guitarist / singer / songwriter we first saw when she performed at a restaurant, East Side Mario’s, in ( Ottawa ) Orleans, Ontario, in 1991. East Side Mario’s was a neighbour to our second store, PET VALU 118, in Orleans Town Centre.

As usual, we did an online video exercise session before lunch and a brisk half hour walk before supper. In the evening I did monthly computer maintenance and backup procedures.

One month ago I made a sizeable investment in a mutual fund recommended by our financial advisor. In one month the value of that investment has increased 4.17 % ! That is stupendous performance !

Thursday ; Sunny and very warm.

Joanne went into town ( Keremeos ) by herself this afternoon to run some errands. I phoned our local insurance agency to discuss the purchase of home insurance. < sigh > The ongoing saga of our home insurance drama ! I need to get this wrapped up soon because as soon as forest fire season begins all insurers refuse to issue new policies.

I processed the photos I took yesterday of items I want to sell. Then I took more photos ! This afternoon I placed "for sale" ads for three items in three different online classified sites ; nine ads in total. Joanne and I did meal / menu planning. 
I watered our gardens. I did a repair on our picnic table. We did our daily video exercises and our daily long walk.

In the evening I ordered some items from Amazon. < shrug > Easier and cheaper than buying them in Penticton !

Friday ; Sunny and very warm.

After watering our gardens this morning I did a very thorough cleaning of our barbecue grill. AHHHHH … looks like new again. Joanne did laundry this afternoon. And that was an excuse for both of us to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine, who lives near our park’s laundromat.

I received numerous calls regarding my bicycle for sale. The first caller, and the most interested, was a fellow from Kelowna who seems to be somewhat of a bicycle aficionado / collector / dealer. HMPH ! My bicycle, apparently a 1984 Schwinn 5 Star Beach Cruiser, is the bicycle equivalent of a classic ‘56 Chevy. HA HA HA … who knew ? ? ?

Saturday ; 10th anniversary of quitting smoking

Overcast, very warm, humid, a few drops of rain around lunch time. Heavy rain in the evening.

I fielded many phone calls today, people calling about the items I have advertised for sale. Most of the calls were about my bicycle. To be specific … my 1984 Schwinn 5 Star Beach Cruiser. I sold it to the first person who had called … yesterday … a bicycle aficionado / collector / dealer. He drove down from Kelowna this afternoon and was very impressed with the condition of my bicycle, happily paying my asking price, and declining to take the included items ; two helmets, a high visibility safety vest, and a precast concrete bicycle stand. All he wanted was the bicycle ! And he pointed out to me that while Schwinn manufactured the 5 Star Beach Cruiser from 1981 to 1984, only the 1984 model was equipped with a chrome kick stand and six gear speeds. The 1981 to 1983 models were equipped with only a … < SNORT > … black kick stand and five gear speeds. Who knew, eh ? < rolling my eyes >

Turned out to be a win / win / win. He bought a bicycle worth $300 to $350 for a hundred bucks. I got rid of a redundant piece of equipment, and put a hundred bucks in my pocket. And the former neighbour who gave me the bicycle for free about twelve years ago got rid of what he considered to be “clutter” in his shed. HA HA HA !

This afternoon I worked on the camper bathroom plumbing rebuild project. First step was to remove / cut out all the old rigid pipe plumbing. I had a minor accident with my Harbor Freight reciprocating saw, injuring my finger slightly. Close call, could have been a lot worse ! Maybe the moral of that story is … don’t use power tools … especially saws ... blindly inside a small cupboard ! After removing all the old plumbing I began to work on rebuilding / replacing all the plumbing using reinforced flexible hose instead of the original rigid pipes. The reinforced flexible hose is easier to work with, and most importantly, won’t crack from road vibration and flexing / torqueing.



DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment