Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 3 to 9, 2020

Sunday ; Cloudy, cool, intermittent rain.

Did a teensy bit of gardening and work on the camper. Went for an exercise walk but it was cut short by rain. Removed an empty propane tank from the camper to take it for refilling in a few days.

Posted my weekly blog entry. Spent the evening working on month end investment updates.

Monday ; Sunny and mild.

I was up early this morning to have a phone meeting with my family doctor’s vacation replacement locum to get prescriptions refilled. Then … I went back to sleep for a few hours. I got up to have lunch, then … went back to sleep for another few hours. HA HA HA ! Retirement is tough !

This afternoon we received some photos of Kirby Kofa Klark … HA HA HA … known to us previously as Carlos the cat. He is obviously doing very well, and enjoying the full time RV lifestyle. Thank you, Noel, for giving him such a wonderful home … and life.

We did a small amount of yard and garden work.

Tuesday ; Happy 19th birthday to Joanne’s niece Amelia

Sunny and warm.

We went into town ( Keremeos ) today to run errands. Refilled a propane tank at FasGas. Bought fruits and vegetables at Sanderson Farms. Picked up all my prescription refills at Pharmasave. Drove a few more miles out to Cawston and bought bedding plants at Little Bush’s Greenhouse. Drove back to Keremeos and while Joanne shopped for groceries at Buy Low Foods I went to Keremeos Home Hardware for “guy stuff”. They had some, but not all, of what I need. I bought nothing, thinking that if I had to go to Rona in Penticton for a few items that Home Hardware did not have, I might as well get everything at Rona.

After we returned home we both worked on planting the bedding plants we bought. Planting our vegetable garden is now completed. Before preparing supper we went for our daily long exercise walk. We prepared supper together ; garden salad, breaded Tilapia fillets, fresh green beans, and bacon carbonara pasta. Of course, not real bacon ! HA HA HA !

Wednesday ; Overcast, raining for most of the day.

This evening I received a somewhat unusual phone call. A woman who had “consulted” with me a few years ago regarding the purchase and transport of a trailer phoned me again, this time seeking advice regarding the stablization of a park model manufactured home she recently bought. Two doors down from us ! Hello, neighbour. HA HA HA !

Joanne did laundry today. I did a minor upgrade modification to the truck. I did prescription records keeping and accounting. I reconciled monthly investment statements.

WOO-HOO ! First perogy dinner in over six months !

Thursday ; Joanne’s 19th anniversary as a cancer survivor

Sunny and warm.

Joanne vacuumed and shampooed carpets today. I washed the camper exterior. WHEW … lots of bugs on the front ! Lots of diesel soot on the right rear lower corner !

Friday ; Sunny and warm, a lovely spring day. Joanne roasted a chicken in the Sun Oven today.

This afternoon I flushed the camper’s water heater, flushing out mineral scale buildup, an annual chore. We did an online exercise session and took a long exercise walk. We do both most days.

Saturday ; Sunny, warm, windy.

The wind helped with our first task of the day. We walked down to our park’s fenced dog run area and scattered Ozzie’s ashes. < sigh > Farewell, sweet little fellow. We miss you.

Our community’s fenced “dog park” was championed by Ozzie’s original “daddy” Gord, then the construction of it was supervised by Gord. Shortly before Gord died a couple of years ago we “dedicated” the park to him, memorializing it as the Gordon Watson Memorial Dog Park. It was created by Gord for his two dogs ( at that time ), Dudley ( the father ) and Ozzie ( the son ). We felt that it was the most fitting place to scatter Ozzie’s ashes.

This afternoon I did an annual task that I dislike. I removed the aftermarket air intake system from the truck and cleaned the "permanent" filter. Tomorrow I will re-oil it and reinstall it.

MMMMM … barbecued marinated steak for supper.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment