Sunday, May 24, 2020

May 17 to 23, 2020

Sunday ; Cloudy, mild, intermittent light rain during the day, heavy rain in the evening.

I got up early this morning in order to be ready to go outside around 10:15 AM, hopeful that the Snowbirds flight route from Princeton to Penticton would bring them along Highway 3. Around 9 AM the Snowbirds posted a Tweet announcing that due to weather they were delaying their 10 AM departure from Kamloops to tour the Okanagan region. Around 11 AM they Tweeted that they were postponing their Okanagan tour for a few days and were going to head to Comox on Vancouver Island today.

About thirty-five minutes later the author of those Tweets was dead.

Rest in peace, Captain Jennifer Casey.

This afternoon Joanne went over to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine to teach her how to use her new Dr. Ho’s Tens machine. A couple of hours later Joanne phoned me to ask me to come over to Jeanine’s to help her ( Jeanine ) with her iPad. < sigh > Oh, well … Jeanine had baked a large batch of cookies for me. Fair trade … tutoring services in exchange for cookies. Underground economy ! HA HA HA !

Monday ; Mostly sunny, mild.

Did a bit of truck maintenance. Did a bit of yard work. Joanne did laundry. I did a bit of planning of my camper plumbing repair project. Joanne is making fun of me for “flow charting” projects like this. HEY … OCD can be wonderful thing ! HA HA HA !

Tuesday ; Mostly sunny, mild.

Joanne went into town by herself today to run some errands. I puttered around doing some work in our shed, and on our camper. I was searching in the shed for the source of a bad odour. I think a rodent may have died somewhere in our shed. I did not find the source of the odour. I did a bit more work on the camper bathroom plumbing repair project. Now known as the camper bathroom plumbing rebuild project. Might as well put a bit of extra effort in and just rebuild / replace all the bathroom plumbing ; sink, shower, and toilet. In the past I have never regretted this kind of rebuild / refurbishment project.

Wednesday ; Mostly sunny, mild, a bit windy.

This morning Joanne and I searched half our shed for the source of an odour, possibly a dead rodent. We didn’t find anything, but … we did get half the shed cleaned and rearranged. HA HA HA ! I did some work on the camper, but … in the middle of a very small paint touch up job, the sprayer jammed on the can of spray paint. DARN ! I have only a very small amount of painting left to do, and … I really don’t want to have to buy another can of spray paint for ten or fifteen seconds of paint spraying remaining. < sigh > I’ll try to figure out a Plan B.

Thursday ; Cloudy and chilly, intermittent light rain. BRRRRR ! This is spring ? !

I solved my paint problem by borrowing a small can of paint from ( censored to protect the innocent ). HA HA HA ! Thank you, ( censored ) !  I finished my small painting project this afternoon.

For supper I created a new version of my new specialty, Udon noodle stir fry. It was excellent !

Friday ; Raining lightly all day. YUCK !

So … with rain all day … it was time for a “day off”, so to speak. HA HA HA … although … all my days are “days off”, n’est-ce pas ? I read, I napped, I exercised our little generator. I returned the “borrowed” can of paint. I reinstalled the repainted plumbing access hatch underneath the camper. We went for a brisk exercise walk from 6:30 to 7 PM. No rain, but … very chilly. BRRRRR ! 
I measured our deck to calculate how many balusters I will need, and therefore how much lumber I will need to buy.

Saturday ; Mostly sunny, mild.

Routine household chores. Routine outdoor chores. Downloaded, reconciled, and paid May’s MasterCard statement. YIKES ! After supper watched three Palm Springs International Film Festival “short” films.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment