Sunday, May 3, 2020

April 26 to May 2, 2020

Sunday ; Mix of sun and clouds, mild.

WHEW … what a lot of laundry to sort and put away, some belonging in the camper and some in the house. I replaced a 135 degree valve extender on the truck. I planted some tomatillo seeds in little starter pots. I already have some, started by our neighbour / friend Jeanine about a month ago, but … 
< whispering > … they’re really pathetic.

We went for a long walk, now a daily event. And we did an online yoga exercise session. We watched the Canadian food banks fundraiser TV special. We were inspired to make a donation. I posted my weekly blog entry. And did my weekly investments analysis. For supper I cooked really wonderful omelets, one of my specialties. Thanks, Mom !

Monday ; Partially sunny, windy. Joanne started cooking a roast in the Sun Oven today, but had to bring it indoors and put it in the oven when it became cloudy outside.

I made an appointment for a telephone meeting with my doctor in a week, to renew prescriptions. We did some garden preparation work this afternoon. And went for a long exercise walk. I did some minor maintenance on the truck. In the evening I did monthly computer backup work.

And we watched a French Film Festival feature length film ; Crash Test Aglaé. HA HA HA … it was great !

Tuesday ; Sunny and mild.

This afternoon I did a difficult repair on the truck. I didn’t think the repair was going to be difficult, but … it was ! We did an online exercise session AND we went for a long exercise walk. I prepared a wonderful Udon noodle stir fry for supper, another one of my specialties, albeit a relatively recently developed one.

After supper we watched a couple of Palm Springs Film Festival short films. Then, on TV, Life Below Zero Canada, followed by The Brigade : Race to the Hudson.

Wednesday ; Mostly cloudy, mild.

Routine chores. Trimmed my beard. Worked on the repair of the toilet in the camper. Plan A didn’t work. Plan B didn’t work. Plan C worked. Maybe ! Time will tell. Plan D formulated, just in case.

Thursday ; Sunny and mild.

WHEW ! A long, difficult day of shopping in Penticton. A long, difficult, aggravating day of shopping in Penticton.

Come on, people ! It’s not rocket science ! ! ! It’s “social distancing” ! And new shopping protocols ! Stay behind the line ! ! ! STAY AWAY FROM ME ! ! ! ! !

USE YOUR ****ING HEADS FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN A PLACE TO PARK YOUR ****ING BLACK BASEBALL CAPS ! ! !

< taking deep breath > The little wifey suggests that perhaps I should stay home as much as possible and let her go to Penticton alone to do shopping and errands. Good idea !

Friday ; Sunny and mild.

I spent an inordinate amount of time today renewing the minivan’s registration and insurance. Multiple phone calls, multiple e-mails, multiple download, print, sign, scan, return documents as e-mail attachments. Perhaps the “new normal” ?

I reinstalled the camper’s glue repaired toilet seat and lid. HMPH … Plan C seems to have worked. HA HA HA … wish me luck !  I paid bills. I retrieved month end banking statements and investment updates. I did monthly budgeting. 
I reactivated our Canadian cell phone. WOO-HOO … no drama !

Saturday ; Mostly sunny and mild. Until evening … then strong winds and heavy rain.

We planted our vegetable garden and planters today. And … despite having vegetable gardens for … < calculating > … about 44 years, we still have very little confidence in our gardening skills and abilities. < shrug > Wish us luck !

This morning I cooked banana chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. First time I’ve made pancakes with chocolate chips in them. And it will be the last time also. HMPH ! Seemed like a good idea at the time !

I sharpened knives. I did some truck and minivan maintenance. I paid some bills online. I reconciled bank statements. I set up an online account with Pharmasave in Keremeos. And I transferred my prescriptions to them. That’s my reaction / solution to the “other” pharmacy’s profiteering ! So there !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment