Sunday, August 9, 2020

August 2 to 8, 2020

Sunday ; Sunny and very hot. Again ! Joanne roasted a chicken and potatoes in the Sun Oven today.

While the weather remains hot I have been doing our early / noon exercise walks by myself. Joanne has difficulty coping with the hot weather. We have been going to the swimming pool for an exercise session around 5 PM each day instead of going for our late afternoon walk.

In the evening I worked on monthly bank statement and investment reconciliations.

Monday ; Sunny and hot, light breeze. Joanne cooked a sausage and beans casserole in the Sun Oven today.

Joanne did laundry this afternoon. I spent a long afternoon disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling our bedroom evaporative ( swamp ) cooler. Very difficult job ! The swamp cooler had not been working as well as it should, and I thought there might be a problem with its water pump. Well … I could not find a problem with the water pump, but … there was a lot of gunk and mineral deposits clogging things up inside. After my refurbishment work this afternoon, the cooler is working much better.

In the evening I did a semi-annual review and analysis of our annuities. All is well !

Tuesday ; Sunny and hot.

Joanne left around 11 AM for a day of errands in Penticton. She returned home at 6 PM, just in time to watch the news on TV. I went into Keremeos, using the truck, to run a few errands. I spent WAY too long in a line up at the Post Office to buy postage to send a teensy little packet to Winnipeg. The postage rate was so outrageous, I chose not to send it ! Sorry, Lorraine. I picked up some prescription refills at Pharmasave.

I had a phone meeting / consultation with the dietitian in my doctor’s clinic this morning. She was half an hour late for this appointment. She was fifteen minutes late for our previous appointment. By the time she phoned this morning, half an hour late, I was livid ! And I let her know ! I don’t / won’t do business with ANYONE … doctor, plumber, dietitian … or anyone else … who lacks respect for the value of their clients’ time. And I let her know !

Wednesday ; Still sunny and hot, temperature in the mid 90’s F.

Joanne went into Keremeos to run some shopping errands ; advertised specials at the grocery store, and fresh produce at Sanderson Farms. I went fishing. I fished for an hour and a half, caught two small Rainbow Trout and one large Mountain Whitefish. I kept the Rainbows and we ate them for supper tonight. In the evening I did monthly investment file updating and analysis. HMPH … we’re doing very well, aren’t we ?

Thursday ; Cloudy, windy, chilly. HUH ? How is that possible ? ! ? We’ve just had a week or so of 100 degree temperatures !

On our early walk around noon we stopped at our neighbour / friend Jeanine’s to invite her for dinner tomorrow. We visited for awhile … too long … and that resulted in my schedule and plans for the day being tossed.

Friday ; The day started out sunny and very warm, but became chilly with light rain by suppertime.

This morning while Joanne did some housecleaning I went into town to buy an advertised special at the pharmacy and refill a water jug.

This afternoon as I was finishing trimming my beard, sitting at the picnic table, our neighbour / friend Jeanine showed up. We had invited her for dinner. We visited with her for awhile in our gazebo, then went indoors to prepare supper. Joanne made a salad, and then while she prepared risotto with zucchini I barbecued Ozark seasoned, maple syrup glazed Sockeye Salmon. Joanne and I had “tested” this dinner menu a week or so ago.

Dinner was great. We spent the evening in the living room, chatting. Before Jeanine returned home we had dessert ; Joanne’s prepared from scratch, fresh peach pie. MMMMM !

Saturday

Peach pancakes for brunch this morning. Noon time walk. Supper time walk. Accounting. Investments reconciliation and analysis. WOW ! Stock market doing great ! No good reason for it. Expect a crash in a couple of months !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment