Sunday, August 2, 2020

July 26 to August 1, 2020

Sunday ; Sunny and hot. Joanne (over)cooked a sausage and vegetables casserole in the Sun Oven today.

Emma is ill.

This afternoon we worked on cleaning the camper’s windows and reinstalling their blinds. Definitely one more, possibly two more days until this project is finished.

Monday ; Sunny and very hot, temperature in excess of 100 F. Hard to get any work done outdoors. Hard to do our exercise walks. We shortened our early ( noon ) walk. We shortened our late ( 6:30 PM ) walk.

This afternoon we continued … and finished … cleaning the camper’s blinds and windows, inside and out. Another item on the summer project list done !

Emma is ill. From the administration of Amoxicillin, we think. Joanne is ill. From the extreme hot weather, we think.

Tuesday ; Sunny and hot.

Joanne faded during our early / noon walk, so she cut it short about halfway through. I continued by myself. Late in the afternoon we did a pool exercise session which she finds much preferable to outdoor walks in this very hot weather.

I bought my annual fishing license this afternoon. WOO-HOO ! Now that I’m 65 years of age, the BC fishing license fee has gone from $37.80 to $5.25 !

For supper I barbecued Ozark seasoned Maple Syrup glazed Sockeye Salmon. Very good ! Joanne prepared a salad using fresh peas harvested from our garden, and zucchini risotto.

Late in the evening I worked on monthly computer updates and backups. HMPH … didn’t finish !

Wednesday ; Sunny and very hot. Joanne cooked Hungarian Goulash in the Sun Oven today.

This afternoon Joanne went into Keremeos to run errands. I went fishing. Hiked down to our park’s burn pile area. Walked slowly and very carefully across the Similkameen River. Hiked upstream to my favourite fishing spot at the rapids. About half an hour of difficult hiking. Fished for an hour and a half. Caught one small Rainbow Trout. HMPH ! Wouldn’t have kept it except … it was injured. Too small for us. Just right for our neighbour / friend Jeanine. Hiked back home. Cleaned the fish before having supper. After supper, while she was watering the garden, Joanne chatted briefly with the neighbour across the street. He also had been fishing. Caught four Rainbow Trout.

HMPH < stomping my foot > !

Thursday ; Sunny and very hot.

On our early walk around noon we stopped at our neighbour / friend Jeanine’s to give her the small Rainbow Trout I caught yesterday. We visited briefly before continuing our walk. Once again Joanne cut the early walk short. I didn’t. She returned home while I continued walking. At 5 PM we went to the swimming pool and did an exercise session instead of our afternoon walk.

I did some semi-annual computer maintenance chores. I did some fly fishing gear maintenance. I cleaned and polished shoes and sandals.

Friday ; Happy 59th Birthday to my brother, Russell

Sunny and very hot again. Ugly clouds, wind, threat of thunderstorm in the evening, with just a few drops of rain.

We’ve progressed from shortening our walks due to hot weather to … eliminating them. TSK TSK !  I did more fly fishing gear maintenance this afternoon. I chatted with the neighbour who outfished me 4 to 1 the other day. He’s younger and fitter than me, and is accessing the river at a spot that I no longer have the physical ability to do. < sigh >

Saturday ; Sunny and very hot. Probably the last day of the current heat wave.

Did my early / noon walk by myself. Joanne defeated by heat wave. Worked on camper maintenance this afternoon. Went to orchard with Joanne to pick Transparent Apples, to make applesauce. HMPH ! Tree stripped of all … hundreds … of apples. Suspect maintenance man instructed by HOA Board. OOOOO … watch out, folks … bears might come to eat apples … < shivering in fear >.

Have been astounded for fourteen years that city folks come to live out here, then get all upset because … bears exist nearby … cones fall out of trees … etc. ! ! !

DSK


No comments:

Post a Comment