Sunday, July 26, 2020

July 19 to 25, 2020

Sunday ; Sunny and hot. OOOOPS … I’m sunburned ! Shouldn’t have stood out in the sun chatting with a neighbour for so long this afternoon.

Another long and very tiring day of window and blind cleaning. We had four large living room windows left to do. We had planned to do two today and two tomorrow. But … we got wrapped up in it today, and worked on all four, although we didn’t quite finish. HMPH ! Ran out of Windex !

HMPH again ! Today was supposed to be the day of departure on our Alaska Marine Highway ferry trip adventure through the Inside Passage from Prince Rupert, BC north to Skagway, Alaska. Oh, well … maybe next year !

Monday ; Sunny and hot, temperatures in the low 90’s F, mid 30’s C. Joanne baked jerk chicken in the Sun Oven today.

Joanne went into town today to shop for some advertised grocery specials. She didn’t buy any ! I finished cleaning the living room’s four large windows. WOO-HOO … project finished !

As we were heading to the swimming pool at 5 PM to do an aquatics exercise session I recommended to Joanne that she remove the baked jerk chicken from the Sun Oven. She disagreed. So … < scowl > … we had overcooked baked jerk chicken for supper tonight !

After many back and forth e-mails yesterday and today … I reached an agreement to purchase snow tires from a tire dealer in Westbank today. < sniffle > I guess that confirms our decision to NOT go south to Yuma this winter !





Tuesday ; Sunny and hot.

Joanne spent the day running errands in Penticton. She left home before 11 AM and didn’t return home until after 6 PM. Tired !

I spent the day at home, puttering around. I did some preventive maintenance on the truck. I did some gardening. Of course, I napped with Emma. I did my twice a day twenty minute exercise walks. I prepared most of dinner.

In the evening we watched streamed episodes of Party Down. HA HA HA … funny series.

Wednesday ; Sunny and hot.

This morning we started to repackage three large Sockeye Salmon fillets Joanne bought yesterday at Superstore. I opened the first package and cut the large fillet in half. EEEEEUUUUUWWWWW ! ! ! RANCID FISH ! ! ! This is NOT the first time we have gotten rancid salmon from Superstore ! I was afraid to open the other two packages. But … they were fine. Only the one package was rancid. We threw the rancid fillet into a bag, then into the freezer. We will return it to Superstore and get a refund !

This afternoon I exercised our little generator, then exercised the truck’s diesel engine. The truck has been sitting ( mostly ) idle for 3 ½ months. I started the next summer project ; cleaning the camper’s blinds and windows. I removed all of the camper’s mini-blinds so that we can clean / wash them.

At noon we did our “early” exercise walk. Before supper we went to the swimming pool and did an aquatics exercise session, a three times a week alternative to our “late” exercise walk. We worked together on supper preparation, planning, but not executing particularly well, an excellent meal. For Joanne, everything that could go wrong … did ! Oh, well … at least my part went well. HA HA HA ! “Every man for himself” I always say. HA HA HA HA HA !

Thursday ; Sunny and hot, windy late in the afternoon and evening.

This morning we drove west on Hwy. 3 almost to Hedley and picked wild apricots from “our secret” wild apricot tree on the side of the road. We could tell from the piles of bear shit around the tree that it’s not such a secret in the bear world ! HA HA HA !

This afternoon I cleaned out the shower drain, an annual chore. YUCK ! ! ! Together we washed all the blinds from the camper. Then while Joanne harvested lettuce I harvested peas. The pea vines have crawled all over my tomato cages and plants, choking and smothering them. So … I ripped out a lot of pea vines, to ensure the survival of the tomato plants. I harvested more peas than expected, the peas are prolific this year. While Joanne prepared supper I removed all the ceiling light fixtures, washed them, and reinstalled them.

WHEW … busy, productive day !

Friday ; Sunny, hot, windy.

This morning I worked on exterior cleaning of camper windows. After our early walk, and an early ( for us ) lunch we went into town ( Keremeos ). We stopped at Sanderson Farms ( produce stand ) / Samosa Gardens ( restaurant ) and I ordered some take-out dishes for supper tonight. I dropped Joanne off at South Similkameen Health Centre / Keremeos Clinic to have her shoulders x-rayed, while I went to run other errands. At the grocery store I bought some Halibut fillets, and Sockeye Salmon fillets, both advertised specials. Both “on sale” but both not cheap ! But … it’s “fish season” here in BC, so the price is as low as it ever will be, and more importantly, the fish is fresh ! Although sometimes it’s hard to tell, as evidenced by the rancid salmon from Superstore in Penticton a few days ago ! ! !

I refilled our five gallon water jug, then returned to the clinic to pick up Joanne. We went to Sanderson Farms to buy fresh produce. And to pick up our Samosa Gardens take out order. On the way out of town we stopped at FasGas so that I could buy some worms for fishing.

Supper was very good ! ! !

Saturday ; Sunny and hot.

I made blueberry pancakes for brunch. MMMMM ! ! ! Very nice blueberries are farmed not too far away at Abbotsford, in the Lower Mainland area, a bit east of Vancouver.

Today I finished cleaning the exterior side of all the windows in the camper. Tomorrow we’ll start working on the interior side of the windows. Joanne did laundry today. And in conjunction with that, we visited our neighbour / friend Jeanine who lives near the laundromat / swimming pool building. We trimmed the nails of our neighbour Darlene’s cat.

In the evening, after supper, we began watching season 2 episodes of “Party Down”. HA HA HA HA HA … what a funny show !

DSK


No comments:

Post a Comment