Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 12 to 18, 2020

Sunday ; Mix of sun and clouds, rain in the morning, warm.


This afternoon we went to our community’s recently reopened swimming pool, and did our first aquatics exercise session in about four months.


Monday ; Sunny and warm. Joanne roasted a chicken in the Sun Oven today.


I puttered around with routine household and yard chores. I did some minor maintenance on the minivan. Joanne did laundry. We visited with our neighbour / friend Jeanine. I removed the kitchen windows’ blinds. Time to clean windows and blinds. < mumbling> I hate that job !


Tuesday ; HAPPY 99th BIRTHDAY TO OUR OREGON FRIEND EILENE


Sunny and very warm.


This morning I had a phone meeting with a dietitian in our family doctor’s clinic. I expected about a fifteen minute consultation. What I got was a fifty-two minute consultation. I was surprised by the duration of our discussion. I learned a few things. And I have some new ideas to try / objectives to achieve. As it turns out, I have previously met and consulted with this dietitian, two and a half years ago, at the cardiac rehabilitation program I attended following my bypass surgery. At that time she gave me some helpful advice regarding daily fluid intake to reduce the edema I was experiencing. I continue to follow that advice.


Joanne and I had a tiring afternoon, working on removing and cleaning the screens of the gazebo, then cleaning the house kitchen’s windows, inside and outside, while the outside of the kitchen windows was accessible behind the gazebo with the screens removed.


The neighbourhood “blow drying” drama with the next door neighbour continues. This morning she was out with her leaf blower, blowing fir needles away from the edge of the asphalt road. Another neighbour phoned the President of our HOA Board, and within a few minutes, the President and another member of the Board were in a heated, animated confrontation with the OCD leaf blower wielding neighbour. BRAVO ! ! ! Better them than me … or Joanne !


To my family and old Winnipeg / Norwood friends ; reminiscent of “Birchdale Betty” back in the late 60’s / early 70’s, n’est-ce pas ? Except … with fir needles and cones and seed pods, instead of dog shit ! HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !


Wednesday ; Sunny in the morning, increasing cloudiness in the afternoon. Joanne attempted to cook dinner in the Sun Oven, but had to move it into the indoor oven before we went to the swimming pool at 4:45 PM.


This afternoon we continued and completed removing all the gazebo screens, washing them, and reinstalling them. Tough, tiring work.


We have resumed doing aquatics exercise sessions in our community’s swimming pool, substituting a pool exercise session for our afternoon walk three times a week. It’s nice to finally be able to return to the swimming pool.


Thursday ; Sunny and very warm.


This morning we went into town / Keremeos to run errands. I bought some vitamin D pills at the pharmacy. When we got home the pharmacy’s weekly flyer was in our mailbox. Starting tomorrow, the vitamin D pills that I bought are on sale … 50% off ! < fume > Story of my life !


This afternoon Joanne and I worked together washing blinds, and reinstalling them. Our project for the next … I don’t know … week ? … is to remove all blinds in the house, wash them, wash the windows inside and out, then reinstall the blinds. One room at a time. Today we did three of the four kitchen windows.


At the grocery store today Joanne bought a fresh Halibut fillet. YIKES … expensive ! I cooked it for supper tonight. WOW … excellent ! With cole slaw and french fries … every bit as good as at Dolly’s Fish Market in Prince Rupert, BC.


Today was also Emma claw trim day. Oh, joy !


Friday ; Mostly sunny, hot.


WHEW … another day of removing blinds, washing them, removing the screens, washing them, cleaning the windows inside and out, then reinstalling the screens and blinds. And probably another three more days like it to come !


Yesterday I bought a large ( overpriced ) bag of fresh peas at our regular produce stand. This afternoon I shelled them ( I enjoy that task ) and Joanne used them in supper. HMPH ! How unsatisfying ! What a disappointment !


Today I received a response to my complaint a week ago to Superstore about a deli clerk “blow breathing” on fresh food. What a “wishy-washy”, unsatisfactory response ! And it took a week ! ! !


This evening Joanne’s sister phoned to discuss her elderly dog’s “close call” after ingesting something she shouldn’t have. HEY … dog logic ! ! ! “It fits in my mouth, therefore … it’s edible !”


Saturday ; Sunny and hot. Joanne cooked a sausage and vegetable stew in the Sun Oven today.


Good news this morning ; her sister’s elderly dog seems to have survived the “ingestion of toxic substance” ordeal.


Today was another day of cleaning blinds and windows. Probably two more days to go until all finished. Then we’ll start on the camper’s blinds and windows.


DSK


No comments:

Post a Comment