Sunday, July 5, 2020

June 28 to July 4, 2020

Sunday ; Happy 56th Birthday to Joanne’s sister Lorraine


Overcast, chilly, intermittent rain all day. Crappy weather !


The weather today inspired me to … laziness !


Monday ; Sunny and warm. Joanne cooked Beef Provencal in the Sun Oven today.


Joanne went into town today to buy some groceries. I stayed home and napped with Emma. HA HA HA ! I puttered around with routine household chores. We went for our two daily exercise walks. We checked the Saskatoon bushes to see if there were any more ripe berries to harvest. Not yet ! Maybe Wednesday ?


Tuesday ; Heavy rain in the morning and early afternoon, then clearing.


This afternoon, in response to my two recent complaints to our Board of Directors about our next door neighbour’s gravel “blow drying” activities, we received a visit from two members of our community who have … < ahem > … self declared themselves to be the community’s “mediation committee” / “problem solvers”. What a pair of buffoons ! I endeavoured to remain civil to them during our discussion, but … sadly … < snicker > … I failed. After suggesting to one of them that he should … < ahem > … leave, they both left. Wise decision, fellas !


Our RV park community’s library has reopened, so today I took a large collection of books that I have read over the last few months to the library, and replenished my supply of books to be read. This afternoon I sold our 12 volt cooler / fridge for sale. I will deliver it to the buyer in Penticton in a week or so.


This afternoon I received a telephone call from a gentleman who wanted to hire me to transport his large fifth wheel trailer. TWICE … in the next couple of months. He had been referred to Similkameen Trailer Towing by a storage yard in Okanagan Falls. I had moved clients’ trailers in and out of there numerous times over the years. I advised him that Similkameen Trailer Towing was … < sigh > … retired / no longer in business.


Wednesday ; CANADA DAY


< sigh > Another in a long string of crappy weather days !


We visited our friend / neighbour Jeanine. We checked the Saskatoon bushes to see of they were ready to harvest. Not yet, maybe tomorrow. We did some routine chores. We cooked a special Canada Day supper. I did some month end banking and investment work. I paid bills.


Thursday ; Mostly cloudy, warm, windy.


Joanne did laundry today. We harvested Saskatoons. Good harvest ! Lot of berries, plump and sweet. And we will probably be able to harvest twice more in the next week or so, until the Saskatoon season is over. And a cherry tree in our park’s orchard looks like it’s going to produce a good harvest in a week or so.


In the evening, at Joanne’s request, I printed a bunch of recipes for her from the Métis Cookbook I acquired online a few days ago.


Friday ; Mostly cloudy, warm, windy.


This afternoon I refilled the camper’s freshwater tank so that I could leak test the camper’s bathroom plumbing that I recently rebuilt / replaced. As soon as I got the freshwater tank refilled, turned on the water pump and pressurized the water system … < sigh > … water began gushing behind and below the toilet. Can’t see back there. Can barely reach blindly back there. < sigh > My guess is that I cracked the plastic valve on the toilet’s water supply line as I installed it. < heavy deep sigh > Much more work to be done / redone !


Saturday ; Mix of sun and clouds, very warm.


This afternoon I disassembled the plumbing behind the toilet in the camper, looking for the source of a leak in my recently rebuilt plumbing. Found it ! I had purchased and installed an incorrect type of valve. Not entirely my fault. I was being assisted in selecting the parts by the owner of the RV dealership where I was buying the parts. I hope that is taken into account when I attempt to exchange / return a part without packaging and without a receipt. I removed the incorrect valve, spliced the plumbing back together with a barbed straight connector fitting, and … no more leak. I hope I will be able to find and install the correct type of valve. If not, then the camper toilet will NOT have an emergency shut off valve. As it has been since being manufactured twenty-three years ago !


DSK


No comments:

Post a Comment