Sunday, November 1, 2020

October 25 to 31, 2020

Sunday ; Sunny and cold.

In addition to our two daily exercise walks … BRRRRR … I did part one of my obesity clinic weekly homework. With help from Joanne. Thank you, dear. I posted my weekly blog entry and did some home maintenance. I paid bills and did some investment analysis work. We watched the 60 Minutes interviews with Trump, Pence, Biden, and Harris.

Monday ; Sunny and cold. Last week’s snow was melting today.

I was up early this morning to have a phone meeting with my doctor to replenish medications, review blood pressure, and discuss my sleep apnea test. After lunch Joanne and I drove into Keremeos to run errands ; buy produce at Sanderson Farms, groceries at Buy-Low Foods, and hardware at Keremeos Home Hardware. Back at home this afternoon I removed our home’s 120 volt AC smoke alarm and replaced it with a 9 volt DC smoke alarm. Easier said than done ! I’m of the opinion that AC smoke alarms are inferior.

I accomplished my obesity clinic weekly homework today. Yesterday I prepared a detailed meal plan for today. Today I executed that plan. Joanne helped/coached. Thank you.

Tuesday ; Sunny and cold. Last week’s snow continues to melt.

I did some home maintenance today. Returned a book to the library. Did a couple of exercise walks. Did monthly computer backup and maintenance procedures.

In the evening we watched the two hour season premiere of This Is Us. Pretty powerful television !

Wednesday ; Cloudy and chilly. Snow continues to melt.

Kind of a lazy day. Chores/errands/projects done. Should be finalizing “depart for Yuma” preparations ! <sigh>

Went for a couple of exercise walks. Had my weekly “fat school” Zoom meeting.

Thursday ; Sunny and mild. Last week’s snow finished melting.

Another lazy day. Exercise walk. Pool exercise session. Bit of work on the minivan. Medical weight management/obesity clinic/"fat school" homework. Reading a Jack Reacher novel. Snoozing with Emma.

Friday ; Sunny and mild.

This evening we watched the documentary movie “All In : The Fight For Democracy”, detailing the history of voter suppression in America, and highlighting the gubernatorial election in Georgia in 2018 when Stacey Abrams “lost” to Brian Kemp. Yes, yes, I feel as if I have been “educated” somewhat. And it has reinforced my growing prejudices about Merkins !

Saturday ; Hallowe’en

Sunny and mild. I trimmed my beard outside at the picnic table today. Last time I’ll be able to do that until about April. We went for an exercise walk around noon, and a pool exercise session around suppertime. I retrieved and printed month end bank statements and investment updates. After supper we watched Saturday Night Live. And I reset clocks.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment