Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April 20, 2005

April 20, 2005

Powell River, B.C.

DAY 307

 

Today was sunny and very warm, temperature about 25° C. / 76° F.. It's supposed to be nice for about the next week.

This morning I did a bit of preventive maintenance, then phoned Allen Bindle, the Park Ranger at West Hawk Lake, and our "boss" for the summer. We're supposed to be starting work as the West Hawk Lake Campground Hosts before Victoria Day, and I needed to work out some details with Mr. Bindle. Then I went to the campground office here, and borrowed the local phone book. I made some phone calls to find out the location of the nearest G.M. dealer, and an automotive electronics shop that might be able to determine what is wrong with Dee-Dee's cruise control. We had lunch, then set off for the tourist information centre. While Joanne was in the tourist information centre, I went to a Bank Of Montreal branch and took care of some business. We drove to the G.M. dealer, and I bought the exterior door handle that I needed. I hope I'll be able to figure out how to remove the inside door panel, which I have to do to be able to remove and replace the exterior door handle that broke the other day. After the G.M. dealer, we drove north on Marine Drive / Hwy. 101 to a couple of scenic viewpoints the tourist office told us about. We explored around Powell River for awhile, then took the truck to the shop that can diagnose the cruise control problem, hopefully. They drove us back to the campground, and will work on the truck tomorrow morning.

We went for a long walk with Bo, partially an obedience training session, and partially a beach exploration. It was a lovely, warm late afternoon. I got the barbecue out, and barbecued for supper. We haven't had much opportunity for barbecuing lately. I hope barbecue season is here to stay ! After supper, I downloaded today’s photos, did today’s accounting, then today’s journal.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment