Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 29, 2009

August 29, 2009
 
Well, today was my first day of work ... again ! And I made it through my first shift without getting injured and / or fired !
 
I accepted a job at Mariposa Orchards, one of the largest fruit stands in the Keremeos area. It's owned by an elderly German couple. The fruit stand is run by the wife, and it supports their 100 acres of orchards and farm land, run by the husband. And it's quite an operation ! It's for sale ! For three and a half million dollars ! ! !
 
My first shift was 6 hours of non-stop packing of 10 and 20 pound boxes of peaches. There was a problem this year with the peach crops in the Keremeos area, so most of the fruit stands in town do not have local peaches. Mariposa is doing a booming business on peaches ! After 6 hours of packing peaches, my back hurt !
 
As soon as we both got home from work, we went to the Riverside RV Park Resort "Bring Your Own Meat" potluck barbecue. This was another of the themed monthly potluck dinners that Joanne and I had proposed in the spring, but the first potluck dinner not organized by us, since we "resigned" from the social committee. The potluck barbecue went very well.
 
DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment