Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009

Teddy
 
June 1992 to August 4, 2009
 
Teddy died this morning. I held him on my lap, stroked him ... and cried ... as the veterinarian administered the injection that ended Teddy's suffering and sent him across the Rainbow Bridge. Goodbye my sweet little baby cat. We loved you dearly, and miss you already. We feel pleased and lucky to have been able to provide you with a long, happy life, free of major illness and injury. We parrot Joanne's brother-in-law Doug's recent message ... "Godspeed Teddy".
 
Geeeeez ... I'm crying again as I type this. I've been doing a lot of that today.
 
After Teddy died we took him to Loving Paws Pet Crematorium to have him cremated. We will pick up his ashes next week, and are still undecided what we will do with them. As we drove home from Penticton we discussed some ideas, and will sleep on it before deciding.
 
As I was picking Teddy up off the bed this morning to leave for Penticton Bo gave him a gentle little lick. His version of a goodbye kiss, I guess. Bo's been quite worried the last few days. He seemed to know that the end was near for Teddy. Now that we have returned without Teddy, and have removed his litter box and food dish from the trailer, Bo is puzzled.
 
In addition to the strong feeling of grief we are experiencing, we are relieved that Teddy's suffering has finally ended. His last two weeks were pretty miserable.
 
DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment