Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 23 to 29, 2012

Sunday ; Still sunny and warm.

Moments after leaving home this morning, Lanoire's odometer rolled through 200,000 kilometres ( 125,000 miles ). WOW ! What a great truck ! Two hundred thousand kilometres without a serious problem, just routine maintenance and a few minor repairs over the years. Here's hoping for another 200,000 kilometres.

Late this morning we headed for Penticton. First stop was to buy dog food. A few days ago the pet food store was out of stock of Bo's food, so ... for the last couple of days Bo has been fed ... dog biscuits, dog treats, roast beef and potatoes, pancakes with maple syrup ... ! He thinks we should run out of dog food more often. HA HA HA !

After buying dog food we stopped at a BC SPCA "flea market". Nothin' but junk ! We headed over to the Cannery Stage at the Cannery Trade Centre for the Sunday afternoon matinee performance of Storm Warning, a play written by Norm Foster, performed by Penticton's Many Hats Theatre Company. Great play ! Excellent performance ! Only two characters / actors. A difficult performance for each of the two actors to pull off. And they each did very well ! BRAVO !

After the play we rushed over to Sleep Country to pick up our new mattress before the store closed for the day. We loaded the mattress into the truck then headed over to
Save-On-Foods to buy some groceries before heading home.

Monday ; Warm and mostly sunny.

Today I started a home improvement project to install a water spigot on the front of the house. The "factory installed" spigot is on the back of the house. Today's work didn't go particularly well. And I need more parts and hardware !

Tuesday ; Continued sunny and warm.

Even though we had been in Penticton just two days ago, I had to go to Penticton again. This morning I headed into Penticton to buy more plumbing supplies to continue my water spigot installation project. I don't like soldering copper plumbing. I don't like gluing plastic plumbing. I don't like galvanized plumbing because it corrodes. I don't like crimp ring fittings on plastic pipe. I like brass plumbing fittings, and I like the ease of use of "shark bite" fittings with PEX plastic pipe. So ... this relatively simple project has cost me $150 in parts so far !

This afternoon I continued working on my spigot installation project. It went okay. I'm hoping to finish the project tomorrow.

Wednesday ; Another sunny and warm day.

This afternoon I completed the water spigot installation project. Good thing I never tried to make a living as a plumber ! But ... the end result is very well done. I'm pleased and proud.

Tonight I made "Indian Ice Cream" using the soapberry concentrate we received as a gift at the Chief Will-Yum PowWow we attended in 150 Mile House in June. We had it for dessert after supper. EEEEEUUUUWWWW ... < puckering lips and shuddering > ... it's a tad sour ! Guess it's an acquired taste. Well ... except for Bo. He liked it immediately. HA HA HA !

Thursday ; Still sunny and warm.

Well ... today I sold my next door neighbour's car ! Last week I took photos of the car, and posted a "for sale" ad on Kijiji. I used my Kijiji account to place the ad, so my e-mail address showed on the ad. I was planning to simply forward to my neighbour any e-mails I received regarding the car. But late this morning ... I received by e-mail an offer to purchase the car. I knew the offer would be acceptable to them, so ... Joanne and I took four wine glasses and a bottle of wine next door and told them ... "congratulations, your car is sold" ! HA HA HA !

Somewhat strangely ... this is at least the fourth time in my life that I have been the middleman / broker for a family member's or friend's car purchase or sale.

My work project for today was to mount our hose reel box to a concrete patio stone by drilling holes in the concrete slab, installing lead anchors, then screwing lag bolts through the bottom of the hose reel box into the lead anchors in the concrete slab. Done !

Bo was a bad dog at today's dog party, snarling and snapping at his dog friends Ozzie and Dudley.

Friday ; Our next door neighbour from the Lower Mainland ( Vancouver region ) who visits here only a few weekends per year gave us a huge Sockeye Salmon today. WOW ... thank you ! Guess what we'll be feeding my sister and brother-in-law when they visit in two weeks ? ! The fish was caught by dip netting in the Fraser River, a fishing method employed only by First Nations people ... ( and white poachers ).

Wanna see it ?  Click on the links below !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gte-AzLYONw&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tgYvfb8Xru8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Prnb-nyoT6g

Saturday ; Still sunny and warm. Getting chilly in the evenings.

Went into Keremeos this afternoon to have lunch at Samosa Garden, the Indian buffet restaurant that is part of Sanderson Farms produce stand. MMMMM ! ! ! Back at home we planned the placement of the storage shed I ordered online, resulting in the replanning of our trailer placement and truck parking spots. In the evening we did some trip planning for the first two weeks of November, from Keremeos, BC to Quartzsite, Arizona.

And .. despite considerable effort not to ... we continued the squabbling and bickering that has been going on for the better part of a week already !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment