Sunday, September 2, 2012

August 26 to September 1, 2012

Sunday ; Today was sunny and warm.

My main project for today was to cut and install "wire" shelving in the park model's washer / dryer closet which we are using as a storage closet. My "Harbour Freight" reciprocating tool cut the metal shelving but took a very long time to do so. My next door neighbour once again came to my rescue. He brought over a grinding wheel and cut through the metal shelving like a hot knife through butter. Thank you ( once again ) Gord.

While I was installing the metal shelving the washer / dryer closet bi-fold door broke. When I examined it I discovered that it had been previously broken and repaired. I'm not sure it can be repaired again. I'll give it a try, but I think it will probably have to be replaced.

This evening I did laundry. WOW ... my laundering skills are a bit rusty ! Were Joanne's underwear that colour when they went in ? HA HA HA !

Monday ; Well ... I had a great day today.

It was sunny and warm. I made myself a great supper. MMMMM ! With some guidance from the Internet, I blanched and froze the beans I harvested from our lot 89 garden. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks ? AND ... with some creative problem solving, and a "nothing to lose" attitude, I figured out a repair / rebuild solution to the broken storage closet bi-fold doors. I'm about half finished repairing / rebuilding the doors. Wish me luck ! This evening I did some "refurbishment" work on the glider rocker that came with the house.

Tuesday ; Today was mostly sunny and mild, cold and windy in the evening. BRRRRR !

Today I completed repairing / rebuilding one half / one side of the closet bi-fold doors. Excellent results ! So ... I began repairing / rebuilding the other half / other side. Should be finished tomorrow. And I relocated the garden from lot 89 to lot 4. Easier said than done. First I disassembled the garden border kit ( bought in Oregon ... no sales tax ! ) then shovelled all the soil into a wheelbarrow. Cut some rebar to use as corner brace posts. Did some raking and levelling on lot 4. Reassembled the garden border with rebar corner posts, emptied the wheelbarrow of soil in and ... garden on lot 4 !

Wednesday ; Today was sunny and warm, nice late summer weather.

This morning there were four piles of dog shit beside my truck ! ! ! My very helpful next door neighbour's two dogs were using our lot as their bathroom for many years before we moved in a month ago, and modifying their habits is proving to be difficult for the neighbour. Of course, if they adhered to the "must be on a leash" park rule ...
< AHEM > ... ! ! !

Today I finished repairing and reinstalling the storage closet bi-fold doors. Well done, Daniel.

Thursday ; Another sunny and warm day. Beautiful late summer weather !

GEEEEEZZZZZ ... I missed hitting a deer by a few feet ... TWICE ... on the way home from Penticton late tonight.

I left home before lunch time for an afternoon of running errands in Penticton and an evening of flying. Yes, yes ... Dan Air flight 409 took to the skies tonight. And what a great flight it was ! I took off from Penticton, flew over Skaha Lake to Kaleden, then followed Highway 3A to Keremeos, then the Similkameen Valley to Riverside RV Park Resort.
I had neighbours expecting my flyover, so I "buzzed" the park, descending to about 600 feet AGL and doing a wings and tail waggle.

I climbed back up to about 5500 feet by the time I reached Keremeos again, and with encouragement from my "co-pilot", the treasurer of the Penticton Flying Club, we searched out the Keremeos Columns, a "hoodoo" like formation on a mountainside near Keremeos. After viewing the Keremeos Columns ( well ... it ain't exactly the Bryce Canyon ! ) I flew over Fairview Mountain ( had to climb to about 6600 feet ) to Oliver, then Okanagan Falls and back to Penticton. After landing and putting away the aircraft I had a meeting in the Penticton Flying Club with the treasurer to discuss purchasing a "share" of Cessna 172 C-GBFB. Yeah ... I'm in !

Friday ; HA HA HA HA HA ... what a funny little dog ! Good dog, Bo, well done !

Today was another lovely, late summer, sunny, warm day.

This afternoon Bo and I headed to Oliver. Each year, on the last day of operation for the summer, the Oliver Community Pool dedicates the last hour of the swimming pool season to a ... doggie swim party ! ! ! As soon as the doggie swim party is over, they drain the pool, and clean it, and prepare it for "winterization". This is the second year that Bo and I have attended. And what a lot of fun we had ! ! ! Bo has been a bit "out of sorts" while Joanne has been gone to Winnipeg, and he certainly feels that he has been "drivey deprived" lately. I've gone out a lot, and haven't taken him along. So when I offered him a "drivey" this afternoon, he was ecstatic. We drove to Osoyoos, then Oliver, where we joined a lot of other dogs in the huge outdoor swimming pool. WOO-HOO ... thought Bo ... not only a dog party ... but a dog POOL party ! ! !

We played beach doughnut fetch for an hour ! He's relentless ! What great enthusiasm and stamina for an 8½ year old dog. He was the last one out of the pool, still eager to continue playing even as the lifeguards were removing ladders from the pool edges to signal us that it was time to leave. He cuddled up against me to dry off as we drove from Oliver to Osoyoos. He fell asleep by the time we reached Osoyoos and slept all the way home. HA HA HA HA HA ... good dog, Bo, well done !



Saturday ; Today was sunny and warm.

This morning I had a phone chat with Joanne in Winnipeg. She misses me, her home, her regular every day life. After two weeks of visiting her sister, she's ready to come home.

This afternoon one of the "single women" neighbours invited me over for a glass of wine. While we were sitting on her porch sipping wine another of the "single women" neighbours walked by and gave me some fresh produce out of her garden. Then the first one gave me some fresh home made baking. GEE ... maybe I should encourage my wife to go away more often. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

For tonight's supper I cooked a perfect pot roast and vegetables in the Sun Oven today. MMMMM ... well done, Daniel ! The process, not the meat. HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment