Sunday, July 28, 2013

July 21 to 27, 2013

Sunday ; Sunny and hot. When I went to work on the trailer roof ... in the sun ... this afternoon,
I peeked at the thermometer at our back door. 34° C. / 93° F. In the shade ! Great Sun Oven weather. For the past week or so we've been using the Sun Oven daily. Today Joanne cooked a pot roast in the Sun Oven for supper tonight. It was incredibly moist and tender.

My next door neighbour is the "leader" of our gazebo relocation project. This afternoon he "disapproved" of my gazebo "trailer" construction. I'll have to make some modifications < fume >.

This afternoon I started work on the final repair ( of eight ) of last February's underpass accident in Guasave, Mexico. I removed the trailer's redundant roof top TV antenna, and cut out the
18" x 18" section of rotten roof underneath. The underlying rotten roof is why the TV antenna wasn't simply torn off by the underpass accident. When the antenna hit the underpass it just pushed down hard and broke the roof underneath. That's how I realized that the roof underneath the antenna was rotten.

Monday ; Sunny and hot. Again ! As it should be at this time of year. Joanne was angry with me when I came in for lunch after a morning of working outside in the sun, and I was somewhat dizzy and nauseous. Too stupid to come in out of the sun, I guess. Me and Bo both. HA HA HA ! But ... Bo has an excuse. He’s from Alabama. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA !

Big day today. Sold lot 89 ! ! ! YIPPPEEE ! ! !

I rebuilt the gazebo “trailer” today, modifying it to my neighbour’s satisfaction. I continued working on the fifth wheel trailer roof rebuild project. AND ... I helped my neighbour / the gazebo relocation project “leader” raise the gazebo. WOW ! With the right skills, and tools, it didn’t seem as difficult as I had imagined it would be. However ... I know that difficult tasks ( like flying an airplane ) are made to look easy when done well by someone with skill ! The gazebo is ready to have the “trailer” positioned underneath.

Yesterday evening we received a telephone inquiry about lot 89 for sale. From a Kelowna couple who had been here earlier in the day ( Sunday ) looking at the developer’s lots for sale in Riverside RV Park Resort. Late this afternoon they came back to view our lot 89. After about 2½ hours of talking and walking around the park, and even the crown land adjacent to the park ... we reached an agreement and a deal was made !

I hate to count chickens before they’re hatched, so ... I’ll wait until their money is my bank account ( in 15 days ) before celebrating too much.

Tuesday ; Still sunny and hot. I'm having more difficulty working in the sun and heat than I usually do. Getting older ? Humidity is higher than usual ? Both !

This morning we went into town to run some errands. Grocery shopping, produce shopping, home insurance renewal, prescription refills. Went to the Keremeos Clinic ( South Similkameen Health Centre ) lab ... where they could not find the blood test requisition sent by Penticton Hospital after my colonoscopy last week < fume >. Have I mentioned how much I'm irritated by ineptitude ? ! ? When I take Joanne to the Penticton Hospital for a mammogram on Thursday, I will have to return to the endoscopy unit in the hospital and hope they can find my gastroenterologist's blood test requisition there.

Back at home I disassembled the gazebo "trailer", moved all the components to lot 89, reassembled them, and then with my neighbour's help, we got the gazebo onto the trailer. So far so good. Gazebo move day will be Friday.

I removed the lot 89 for sale signage ! WOO-HOO ! The buyer phoned today and Joanne spoke with her. Later I phoned the buyer's lawyer as requested, and sorted out some details. The buyer's lawyer, not surprisingly, is confused and / or irritated by my unwillingness to hire my own lawyer, preferring to deal with this very simple real estate transaction on my own. HEY ... the seller doesn't really need the questionable "protection" provided by using a lawyer. Lawyer or not, all I really need is a certified cheque or direct deposit for the total purchase price on completion date, nothing more, nothing less. The buyer might need "protection", but I certainly don't. Just "show me the money" !

I did a bit more work on the trailer roof rebuild project. That project is progressing slowly but well.

Wednesday ; Sunny and hot again. Very hot. Maybe record breaking hot !

This morning I did more work on the fifth wheel trailer roof rebuild project. This afternoon I did some repair work on a neighbour's satellite dish mount. Then ... started moving everything in our yard, including all our low fencing, to prepare for the move of the gazebo from lot 89 to lot 4 on Friday.

Late this afternoon we went to a neighbour's for a "Thank You" barbecue party. Joanne brought an apple cake cooked this afternoon in the Sun Oven with apples picked last night from the Transparent Apple tree near the Lodge ( our park's "clubhouse" ).

Thursday ; Very hot, long, tiring day of running errands in Keremeos and Penticton, including tests at Penticton Hospital for both of us.

Friday ; Sunny and hot again.

Moved the gazebo today ! ! ! Started moving it about 10 AM or so. Was completely finished before our friends from California ( summer ) / Arizona ( winter ) arrived mid-afternoon. The gazebo move was difficult, but was achieved without problem. AND ... what a masterful piece of driving ! We expected that I could "tow" the gazebo on my home made "trailer" as far as lot 4, and then we would have to "manually" get it onto the lot and positioned. I drove the gazebo on its trailer to lot 4, and then with extremely careful manoeuvering ... backed it right into position ! We took it off the trailer about 18 inches from its final position ... to give us enough room to get in between the house and the gazebo in order to jack up the gazebo to remove the trailer ... then "finessed" it the final 18 inches manually. What an impressive operation, from start to finish ! ! ! Thank you very much, Gord !

Our Escapee friends Lynn and Micha and their dog Gypsy arrived this afternoon. After driving about 6000 miles to see us. HA HA HA ! Well ... I suppose there were other things they wanted to see and do in 6000 miles of driving in addition to visiting us. HA HA HA ! We are thrilled to have them visit. Their pending arrival this afternoon forced us to deal with the gazebo move today, and as early in the day as possible. They will be "camping" in their large fifth wheel trailer on our lot 89, and I had to get the gazebo off lot 89 before their fifth wheel trailer came in.

Upon their arrival we visited in the dog park for awhile before they got set up on lot 89. We all went to relax in the swimming pool for awhile, then spent the evening visiting in the gazebo ... now in position on lot 4. Great gazebo ! Glad we moved it ! Don't ever want to have to move a building again !



Saturday ; Another sunny, hot day.

This morning while Joanne took Micha to Keremeos on a fruit shopping trip, I filleted two fresh, whole, wild caught Pacific salmon we bought on Thursday. After lunch we took Lynn and Micha on a sightseeing trip up Nickel Plate Mountain, then into the village of Hedley, and lastly a bathroom break at Stemwinder Provinical Park on the Similkameen River. On the way we stopped to pick wild apricots.

Back at home, while Lynn laundered clothes, we all cooled off in the swimming pool, then
I prepared a barbecued salmon dinner.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment