Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 8 to 14, 2014

Sunday ; Mostly sunny, hot, humid.

A few days ago we bought four plants to be planted on our front yard rocked slope. Today we planted them. Very difficult work due to heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and location. We also set up the new to us composter we got yesterday at SunKatcher's yard sale. It's our second composter. Joanne wants to have two composters and rotate the use of them on an annual basis.

Monday ; Keremeos to Penticton to Okanagan Falls to Osoyoos to Keremeos

Sunny and very warm, humid again. And ... < sigh > ... I felt ill for most of the day.

Recently an RV dealer in Penticton hired me ... d.b.a. Similkameen Trailer Towing ... to deliver a large fifth wheel trailer from their dealership in Penticton to an upscale, lakefront, seasonal campground in Osoyoos today. Joanne prepared a picnic lunch, and we took Bo along for a day of "drivey" adventure.

We drove to Penticton and picked up the trailer at the dealership. We drove to Okanagan Falls where we met our Yuma neighbours / friends Judy and Terry ( and Spanky ) for a picnic lunch in the municipal park. They are camped nearby at Okanagan Falls Provincial Park. After lunch we continued on to Osoyoos and delivered the trailer to Nk'Mip Campground. Easy money ! Afterwards we ran some errands in Osoyoos before heading home.

Tuesday ; Sunny and warm. Bath day for Bo. Squabble day for Daniel and Joanne.

Wednesday ; Sunny and warm. Pet ear care day. Pet nail trimming day. I like when Sully screams loudly in protest when I trim his nails, as he did today. It's a barometer of his good health. HA HA HA ! Joanne went into Keremeos to run a few errands.
I removed the fifth wheel hitch from the truck bed and prepared the truck bed for the reinstallation of Elsie the truck camper in a couple of days. I did an agility session with Bo. Well done, Bo, good dog ! While we were doing Bo-gility he leaped up onto the top of the truck storage chest that was on the ground behind our shed, anticipating that
I was going to command him to do so. HA HA HA ... well done Bo, but I wasn't going to ask you to do that. HA HA HA ! Good dog !

I rebuilt the Inukshuk in front of our shed. I was going to dismantle it, because I wasn't happy with its appearance, but as I was dismantling it a neighbour across the street encouraged me to keep it, so ... I reconstructed it, smaller and with a different appearance.

Thursday ; Sunny and warm all day in Penticton. Thick, low clouds and rain in the evening at home near Keremeos.

Today was another long day of running errands in Penticton. Just before leaving home this morning I checked e-mail, and there was a message from Okanagan Skies Aviation / BP Aviation. For the second time since we've returned home from the south a month and a half ago, they cancelled my scheduled Cessna 172 check ride at the last minute. Hey, guys ... if you want to get my money out of my pocket and into yours, you'll have to improve your customer service attitudes A LOT ! ! !

The check ride was one of two main reasons we were going to Penticton. The other was an appointment with my gastroenterologist. < sigh > My medications have not been managing my Crohn's / ulcerative colitis as well as they should for the last eight months or so. She wants to do another colonoscopy. < sigh > In two weeks ... while I'll be alone, while Joanne is in Winnipeg. Having a colonoscopy is tough enough when I have Joanne here to pamper me through the agony, but alone ... < sigh > ... ! ! !

Friday ; Cold and raining all day ! YUCK !

This morning I headed into town to have some tests done at the lab at the South Similkameen Health Centre a.k.a. Keremeos Clinic. The wait time to see the lab tech was ninety minutes. For me, having arrived at 9:30 AM. For people who arrived an hour earlier, when the lab opened at 8:30 AM, their wait time was two hours ! Ninety minutes to two hours of waiting ... that's atrocious and unacceptable, in my opinion ! After the lab I went to the pharmacy to drop off a prescription to be filled, then ran some other errands in town before heading home.

This afternoon a service technician from Skyview Blinds in Penticton showed up to measure our living room's French doors to our deck, for fitting Phantom Screens which we will be buying and having installed in a couple of weeks. While Joanne prepared supper for guests I went to the storage area and did a teensy bit of work inside the truck camper.

In the evening, Joanne's ninety three year old friend from morning water aerobics at Kofa Ko-op in Yuma, Arizona, Eilene, along with Eilene's similarly aged friend Dorothy, and Eilene's daughter Alice, their driver on this road trip adventure, arrived for an overnight visit. They drove all the way from Portland, Oregon today ! Geeeeezzzzz ... that's two days of driving for me ... three days if we dawdle ! Eilene, Dorothy, and Alice are on their way to visit Dorothy's sister and brother-in-law in Williams Lake, B.C.
We had supper ready for them upon their arrival about 8 PM ( after fourteen hours of driving ! ), and had booked for their overnight stay one of the two guest rooms available here at Riverside RV Park Resort for the convenience of residents' guests / friends and family members.

MMMMM ... Eilene brought us some of her famous, home made date cookies.

Saturday ; Sunny and warm. Wow ... what a difference a day makes !

Eilene, Dorothy, and Alice were on the road headed to Williams Lake before we even woke up. Safe travels, ladies.

We put Elsie the truck camper onto Lanoire the truck, and prepared for departure tomorrow. The ****ing generator won't start AGAIN ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment