Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 22 to 28, 2014

Sunday ; Sunny and very warm, a bit humid.

I didn't really want to go to Penticton today, but ... I wanted an advertised item, and today was the last day of the sale price. So ... after taking care of morning chores
I headed to Penticton. I returned the piece of shit little barbecue I bought recently for a refund, then ... bought another barbecue that was twice the price ... on sale today for half price. HA HA HA ! I refilled with diesel, bought some groceries, then headed home.

This afternoon I removed the camper from the truck. First time I did it without someone to help. HMPH ... much easier with help ! Afterwards I washed the truck.

Just received an e-mail from Joanne. Her train arrived in Winnipeg six and a half hours late ! At 4 AM ! ! !

Monday ; Sunny and warm. Still really severe mosquitoes ! Hope they end soon !

This morning I worked on gardening ; watering, weeding, replanting lettuce. I cleaned our ( home ) bupkis barbecue. HA HA HA ... inside joke ! This afternoon I did laundry. Took a long time. It's a chore I'm not very good at. I continued working on our
non-functional generator. I've tried everything I can think of to repair it. Including taking it to a small engine repair shop. Where I was told that it's a piece of junk that's not worth paying to have repaired. Which might be reasonable, given its cost. I have one more thing to try in an attempt to repair it, then I'll very reluctantly declare it ready for disposal.

Tuesday ; A bit cloudy in the morning, then mostly sunny and warm in the afternoon.

This afternoon I did some gardening work, then assembled the new barbecue I bought a couple of days ago for the truck camper. I had an early "last supper", then began my colonoscopy "preparations". No food for two days. "Purging" drugs. < sigh >

Got an e-mail from Joanne. She's sick !

Wednesday ; Sunny and warm.

As I type this at 8:35 PM, I'm feeling very ill from "colonoscopy prep". OOOOOPS ... time to head to the bathroom again ! HURRY ! ! !


Thursday ; Sunny and warm, becoming cloudy and cool in the evening.

My entire day was occupied by having a colonoscopy. I was up at 8:00 AM to take my last dosage of purgative medication. And I was ill from waking up until now ( 7:30 PM ).

I puttered around with minor chores until leaving for Penticton at 12:30. I was driven there and back by neighbour / friend Jeannine. I had not eaten for 40 hours. I was hungry. I had had nothing to drink for 4 hours. I was thirsty. Yesterday and today I had taken purgative drugs for gastro-intestinal lavage. My stomach, small intestine, and most importantly, large intestine / colon were empty. I felt weak and dehydrated. And nauseous !

Jeannine dropped me off at Penticton Hospital at 1:30 PM. My colonoscopy began at 2:30 PM. I woke up in a recovery room about 4 PM, and was eager to leave at 4:30 PM despite the severe cramping I was experiencing. Air must be injected into the colon to expand it during the colonoscopy, and today that was causing much more than usual discomfort. The cramps were too severe for me to eat anything, as I am usually very eager to do following a colonoscopy. The nurse gave me some cheese and crackers "to go" and I had prepared a small snack that was waiting for me in Jeannine's car, but
I couldn't eat. The ride home was painful.

When I was explaining to the nurse why I was being driven home by a neighbour instead of my wife, she asked “And you didn’t want to go to Winnipeg to celebrate your sister-in-law’s fiftieth birthday ?”. I said “no ... I’d rather have tubes shoved up my ass”. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA

I arrived home about 5:30 PM and immediately took Bo for a long walk. That allowed some of the air to pass from my colon, and the pain began to subside. I went to sleep for two hours and woke up feeling just fine, thank you.

NOW I'm hungry. What's for supper ?

Friday ; Partially sunny, warm in the morning. Raining heavily in the afternoon, but clearing by supper time. I had a very difficult time shaking off yesterday's sedative medication, sleeping from 10 PM last night until 11 AM this morning, and I woke up only because there was a knock at the door.

Before the rain began I did some preventive maintenance on the truck, spray painted the range top from the truck camper, and harvested lettuce again. Bo and I went for a slow, long walk.

Recently I have been communicating by e-mail with a couple that are travelling in a camper van from Argentina to Alaska. They are currently in Osoyoos for a month or so, earning some money as cherry pickers. ( Let's pretend that we're unaware of Canadian labour laws regarding undocumented foreign workers. ) I had arranged to meet them tonight in Osoyoos, at the final act of the evening at the new Canadian music festival called Desert Live being held in Osoyoos starting today and ending Monday. They did not show up !

I drove about fifty minutes in each direction to Osoyoos and back. About halfway there it began to rain heavily ! Just before reaching the rain there was an AWESOME triple rainbow ! By the time I reached Osoyoos the rain had stopped, although it was all around Osoyoos ... and threatening.

The act that I had gone to see, the final performance of the evening, was a band from Vancouver billing itself as "blues / rock". They weren't blues. They weren't rock. What they were was ... crap ! I lasted fifteen minutes before leaving. That was about twelve minutes too long. If I hadn't driven so far to see them I would have left after three minutes !

Saturday ; Happy 50th Birthday to Joanne's sister Lorraine
 

Sunny and warm. Once again I got a late and slow start to the day.

This afternoon I visited with a neighbour for awhile then headed into town to buy some sandpaper. The local hardware store did not have what I needed < sigh >. Oh, well ... might as well buy some groceries while I'm in town.

Back at home ... WOO-HOO, WOO-HOO, WOO-HOO ( says Bo ) ... today was the first day of Saskatoon Berry harvest 2014. I pulled the truck right up close to our entrance gate, where the Saskatoon bush hangs over, climbed into the bed of the truck with Bo and ... HA HA HA ... we harvested Saskatoons for about half an hour, me harvesting high, Bo harvesting low. HA HA HA < SNORT > HA HA. Yes, yes, I know ... I shouldn't let him eat that many Saskatoons, but ... Bo LOOOOOOVES harvesting his own Saskatoons. Good dog, Bo, well done. Life is short ... GO FOR IT ! I love his spirit, and watching him harvest his own Saskatoons is SO amusing. HA HA HA HA HA ! ! !

This evening I watched an old movie ; Cool Hand Luke, 1967, with Paul Newman.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment