Sunday, March 5, 2017

February 26 to March 4, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and warm.

Had a very busy and productive day, starting and finishing a variety of smaller projects.  In the evening I did some regular weekend financial work.  We watched Downton Abbey while eating supper.  And cuddled with Emma on the sofa.  She's not often cuddly, but was tonight.

Monday ;  Cloudy, windy in the morning, raining all afternoon.  Joanne had been planning to cook Chicken Chile Verde in the Sun Oven today, but obviously that didn't happen.

Oh, sure ... it's all a lot of fun ... until some poor little gecko loses its life !  Oh, Emma !  She has been "asking" to go out to the Arizona room frequently for the last few days, ever since she discovered the Arizona room's resident little gecko.  Today I let her into the Arizona room and when I went to check on her a little while later, she was sitting underneath the dinette table, staring at the little dead gecko.  Oh, Emma ! ! !

This morning I made some phone calls to set up medical appointments in Penticton upon our return to Canada late in April.  I did some water heater maintenance. 
I cleaned and polished shoes.  Joanne went grocery shopping.  I read and napped. 
I removed the car radio which has been malfunctioning frequently since we bought the car three months ago.  I paid some bills online.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and warm, a bit windy.

Late this morning I drove to the Love's Travel Center at the Interstate 8 exit 3 to meet a fellow from Orange County ( south of Los Angeles ), California.  He was stopping here in Yuma on his way to Phoenix to buy the Blue Ox Patriot braking system that I was selling on behalf of our neighbours Jim and Cathy.  And that was the last of six items that they asked me to sell for them.  WHEW !  Finally !  Selling those six items turned out to be much more work than I had anticipated.

This afternoon we went to the Humane Society for our regular Tuesday afternoon shift of dog walking and cat cuddling.  When we left the Humane Society we went to
Wal-Mart for some shopping, then to Pep Boys to check the price on an automotive item I need for Obie.  Once back at home we took Bo for a walk around the dog park, then I went bicycling at sunset while Joanne got started on laundering clothes.

While Joanne prepared supper we watched the Presidential Address to Congress. 
< rolling my eyes >

Wednesday ;  Sunny and warm, a bit windy.

This morning I went to a local auto wrecker to look for a new GM radio for Obie.  And found out ... < sigh > ... that GM vehicle radios all have "TheftLock", an electronic code that prevents GM radios from functioning in any vehicle other than the one in which it was installed.  It's a deterrent to theft of radios from GM vehicles.  If one takes a GM radio from a wrecked car to a GM dealer, with the serial number of the wrecked car to allow the GM dealer to verify that the radio is from a wrecked car, the GM dealer can reprogram the TheftLock to allow the radio to work in another vehicle.  For a substantial fee !

This afternoon I worked on the camper roof, resealing the Fantastic Fan roof vent. 
I scraped off all the old and cracked sealant then applied new self levelling lap sealant.  Much easier said than done.

In the evening I worked on monthly budget planning, reconciling bank statements, and updating and analyzing investment files.

Thursday ;  Sunny and warm.

This morning I climbed up on the roof of the camper and reinstalled the MaxxAir cover over the Fantastic Fan roof vent.  Roof leak repair completed !  I hope !

This afternoon we went to Arizona MarketPlace, the local flea market.  I went to buy some guy stuff at Wally's World while Joanne went to buy some fresh produce at the farmers' market stalls.

Late in the afternoon we headed out to run a few errands before going for supper and Village Jazz at Yuma Palms Shopping Center.  We shopped for a few items at Harbor Freight.  HA HA HA ... no complaining from Joanne this time because ... one of the items we were shopping for was something she wanted.  We drove to Yuma Palms Shopping Center and I went to Best Buy to look for a car radio.  Well !  The car audio section at Best Buy was ... ****ing incomprehensible !  Now I understand why my father needed me to adjust our colour TV when we got one in the early 70's.  HA HA HA !  We went to Del Taco for supper, then to the Village Jazz performance in the courtyard.  First set was Yuma Jazz Company, a local trio ( of old men playing boring music ).  Second set was the Gila Ridge High School jazz band.  I was underdressed for the chilly evening.  We left early because I was cold.

Friday ;
  Partially cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, chilly in the evening.

This morning while doing some fussing and fiddling on the dashboard of Obie,
I inadvertently knocked the headlight switch to the on position.  By the time I discovered that a few hours later, the battery was dead.  Very dead !  < sigh >  With the help of my next door neighbour, and his large Dodge diesel pickup truck, I jump started Obie and let the engine run for an hour to recharge the dead battery.  Thank you, John !

Mid-afternoon we picked up Laszlo and Gail and headed out for an early food truck supper, followed by an evening at Midnight At The Oasis, the annual classic car show in Yuma.  We drove to an area on Avenue B populated by Mexican food trucks and had a wonderful supper of tacos and burritos.  From there we headed to Desert Sun Stadium where we wandered around looking at classic cars for an hour or so, then settled into our folding chairs on the stadium field for two tribute band concerts.  The first band was a tribute to Heart.  Very good !  The second band was a tribute to the Eagles.  Good thing the Eagles' music is so great, because ... this band sucked !

Saturday ;  Partially sunny in the morning becoming cloudy by late afternoon, very warm afternoon.

Joanne went grocery and thrift store shopping with Gail this afternoon.  I did some routine maintenance on Harvey the fifth wheel trailer.  I made and ate lunch, then read in bed until I fell asleep and had a long nap.  Tough work, but hey ... somebody's got to do it !  HA HA HA !  After Joanne returned home we took Bo for a walk around the dog park, then I went bicycling at sunset.

MMMMM !  Fresh, home made guacamole with sweet potato tortilla chips as appetizer, then perogies served with Crema CentroAmericana and sautéed onions for supper.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment