Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 5 to 11, 2017

Sunday ;  Partially sunny, warm.

We slept very late this morning, then had a slow day.  Joanne went out do a bit of grocery shopping this afternoon.

Monday ;
  Sunny and warm.

This morning we took the truck ( and camper ) out of the RV park's storage yard and drove both the truck and the SUV to Somerton where we dropped off the SUV at Yepez Automotive for service.  Then we drove the truck ( and camper ) back into Yuma and did some shopping at Goodwill, Pep Boys, and Lowe's.  We returned home in time for a very late lunch.

I napped briefly after lunch.  I watered our plants and gardens.  I replaced a floor register in the trailer.  I trimmed a cactus plant that was beginning to hang over our sidewalk.  AFTER it "bit" Gail when she came by to discuss something with Joanne.  We walked a couple of laps around the dog park with Bo, then I went bicycling at sunset.  Joanne did laundry, then we had a wonderful supper of home made tacos pescados con pico de gallo y guacamole ( made with avocadoes and Crema CentroAmericana ), served with frijoles.

Tuesday ;
  Sunny and warm.

This afternoon we went to the Humane Society for our regular Tuesday afternoon shift of dog walking and cat cuddling.  After we returned home we took Bo for a walk around the dog park, then Laszlo and Gail picked us up in their truck and took us to The Foothills to treat us to dinner at Da Boyz, a local pizza restaurant.  Thank you for dinner, Laszlo and Gail.

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and very warm.

This morning we drove in the truck and camper to Somerton to pick up Obie the SUV from Yepez Automotive Service.  It was in to have two problems solved, problems that arose as a result of a previous service !  As soon as we drove away from Yepez, me in the truck, Joanne following in Obie, she began to honk the horn to get me to stop. 
< sigh >  A new problem as a result of solving the other two problems ! ! !  < sigh >  We returned Obie to Yepez, and left it there for one more day.

We returned home and had lunch, then worked on measuring, cutting, and installing a four foot section of vinyl fascia trim on our shed roof edge.  It was a test to see if this vinyl fascia trim would work on our application.  It did !  So ... we'll be buying enough vinyl fascia panels and mounting hardware to install this fascia trim around the roof edge of the entire shed.

We walked two laps around the dog park.  I went bicycling.  While Joanne prepared my favourite dinner I worked on month end investment statement reconciling.  We watched "Are You The One ?", then the season premiere of Survivor.

Thursday ;
  Sunny and hot.  Finally !  Joanne cooked a chicken and leeks stew in the Sun Oven today.

This morning we headed ... AGAIN ... to Somerton to pick up Obie at Yepez Automotive Service.  After determining that all problems were resolved ... and hoping for no new ones ... we returned to Yuma.  Joanne headed off in Obie to go grocery shopping at Fry's.  I went to Arizona MarketPlace to buy some hardware I need for upcoming projects.

After returning home I parked the truck and camper back in our RV park's storage yard.  I took Bo for a walk around the dog park, then made lunch for myself.  Joanne returned home just as I was finishing my lunch.  After lunch I read and napped.  It seemed too hot ... temperature into the 90's ... to do anything else.  Around 4:30 PM we headed to the swimming pool to float around and cool off.  Joanne got stung by a bee while in the swimming pool.  She felt something crawling on her neck, brushed it away, and ... got stung on a finger.  OUCH !  At 6 PM we went for another two lap walk around the dog park, then I went bicycling.

Friday ;
  Sunny and very hot, temperature reaching 95º F / 35º C.  I like it !  Spring has arrived here in Yuma, Arizona.  HA HA HA !  < sniff sniff >  WOW !  Can you smell the lemon blossoms ?

This morning Joanne prepared a picnic lunch and we headed out for a day trip to Picacho State Recreation Area.  First stop was Wally's World where I needed to buy some hardware for upcoming projects.  From there we got onto Interstate 8 and headed west over the Colorado River and into California.  We turned north on SR24 and drove northwest through the Quechan Reservation, following SR24 until the pavement ended.  We crossed the All American Canal ( which carries Colorado River water to San Diego and Los Angeles for drinking water ) and travelled northwest for eighteen miles on a rough gravel trail to Picacho State Recreation Area ( in California ... not to be confused with Picacho Peak State Park near Tucson, Arizona ).  It was a good "road test" for Obie's full time four wheel drive.

We visited the Picacho State Recreation Area campground and I was glad that Joanne had persuaded me to make this a day trip in Obie, as opposed to an overnight trip in the truck and camper as was my initial plan.  We ate our picnic lunch in the brutal desert sunshine, then returned to civilization.  We drove to Imperial Date Gardens in Bard, California and shared a late afternoon date shake.  MMMMM !

We drove back to Yuma and went to PetsMart at Yuma Palms Shopping Center to buy a bag of dog food.  We arrived back home about 4:30 PM and went to float around in the swimming pool until about 6 PM.  We took Bo for a two lap walk around the dog park.  We were joined today by Carol Mae and her new little dog Kaydee.  Kaydee is very young ( about a year old ) and is much more interested in romping and playing than old Bo is. HA HA HA !  I went bicycling at sunset before barbecuing supper.

Late in the evening, after Joanne was finished washing supper dishes, I repaired a kitchen sink drain leak.

Saturday ;
  Sunny and very hot.

Late this morning we headed to Goodwill Thrift Store, for their twice monthly 50% off everything sale.  We had been there earlier in the week, and I had selected two items
I wanted to buy today ; a GM car radio and a Shaw ( our Canadian satellite dish
service ) remote control.  I picked up those two items, and then we shopped for ... whatever struck our fancy.  HA HA HA !  I bought a pair of pants.  We bought a bunch of cushions for the camper and our gazebo back home in BC, a Sobakawa ( foam
bead ) pillow, and a water filled "cooling" pillow that we may use as a pet mat in the truck.  From there we headed to Burger King for lunch.

After lunch we went to Pep Boys to buy / special order a couple of items, then went to a car stereo business looking for a car radio wiring harness that Pep Boys did not have.  The car stereo place would have to special order what I need.  They will phone me on Monday with a price and date of availability.  From there we drove to Lowe's and bought more of the vinyl fascia panels that we need for our shed.

After we returned home I worked on figuring out whether or not this car radio from Goodwill will work in Obie.  I dismantled the dash, removed the radio "box", and took it to my work bench in the shed to determine if I could mount the new radio.  < sigh > 
I could not !  This is the second time I have bought a GM car radio at Goodwill, and the second time I have found that it is not compatible with our car ... < sigh >.  I give up ! 
I will return the radio to Goodwill for a refund, and I will order an aftermarket radio from Pep Boys.

By the time I had finished reinstalling the car's dash panels it was time for our late afternoon walk around the dog park with Bo.  I went bicycling at sunset.  Well ... actually ... I was late.  I went bicycling in the dark !  Joanne disapproves of me doing that, fearing for my safety on the road.  But ... since I'm typing this ... I obviously survived.  HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment