Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 2 to 8, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and hot, a bit windy.

This morning I walked to the storage yard to check on the truck tires' air pressures.  The former spare, now on the truck, is no longer leaking.  Solved that problem !  It was the 90º elbow valve.  The flat tire that I removed a few days ago, and that is about to become the spare ... requires repair.  I'll probably have that done tomorrow.  I went to the office and paid our monthly electricity and propane billings.  HMPH !  It costs us more to run air conditioning than heating.

After lunch we gave Bo a bath.  He's much easier to bathe when his hair is as short as it is right now.  I worked on monthly budget allocations, and bank statement reconciliations, and investment file updating.  I read and napped.  Best part of my day !  HA HA HA !

I uploaded my weekly journal to my blog.  We walked Bo around the dog park, meeting Linda and her dog Saxon, visitors that we first met last winter season, shortly before Christmas 2015.  I went bicycling at sunset.  I barbecued supper, then after supper worked on our income tax returns.  I have them well underway, but can't do any more until we return home and I get the income tax information slips that will be waiting in our mail.

Monday ;  Sunny and hot.

This morning we took the truck's flat tire to Yuma Tire for repair.  We dropped off the tire then went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping.  From Wal-Mart we headed to O'Reilly's Auto Parts where I bought a few needed automotive items.  While I refilled Lanoire with diesel at Fry's Fuel Bar Joanne walked next door to Rally's and ordered lunch for us.  MMMMM ... Big Buford Burgers !  After lunch we drove to Auto Zone, Napa Auto Parts, Pep Boys, C.A.L. Ranch, and Tractor Supply looking for a tire valve 90º elbow extension.  HMPH !  Nobody had them !

Back at home, after a brief nap, I watered our plants and gardens, then installed a new CB radio antenna and cable in the truck.  Once again Carol Mae and Kaydee invited Bo and us to join them walking around the dog park at 6 PM.  I went bicycling at sunset.  As I began to barbecue jerk chicken for supper the barbecue's propane tank ran out of propane.  HMPH !  Our jerk chicken had to be pan fried.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and hot.

This morning when I went to remount the repaired tire as the spare underneath the truck I discovered ... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH ... the tire was flat ! ! !  I returned the tire to Yuma Tire to have it repaired AGAIN / PROPERLY ... and ... encountered "resistance" / lack of accountability.  I wasn't in much of a mood for bullshit, so ... that problem got resolved pretty damn quickly ! ! !  I left the tire there while I went to the shoe repair place to pick up my sandals ... AGAIN !  Another instance of lack of accountability !  I returned to Yuma Tire, picked up the "fixed again" tire and rushed home for lunch !  Now I was behind schedule for the rest of the day !

I ate lunch quickly and we headed to the Humane Society for our final shift of the winter season.  We arrived about half an hour later than we usually do.  As well as dog walking and cat cuddling we said our goodbyes to some of the staff and other volunteers.  As soon as we were back home, about 5:30 PM, I installed the fifth wheel hitch into the truck, prepared the trailer for travel tomorrow ( all the way to the storage yard ), and hitched up the truck to the trailer.  We were ready to take Bo for a walk in the dog park with about fifteen minutes of daylight left.

All day Joanne was moving stuff from the trailer into the Arizona room,  Tomorrow all that stuff will get moved from the Arizona room into the truck camper once it's on our lot.

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked my favourite Sun Oven dish today, a Mexican chicken and rice recipe.

WHEW ... tough day !  This morning we worked on preparing Harvey the fifth wheel trailer for departure ... all the way across the RV park to the storage yard.  Whether the trailer is to be moved thousands of miles, or a few hundred feet, the preparations are essentially the same.  Once the trailer was parked in the storage yard, and the truck was unhitched, we returned to our lot to have lunch in our Arizona room.  Bo and Emma were waiting for us in the Arizona room and ... Emma was having an anxiety attack.  Her home was gone, her people were gone, she was trapped in the Arizona room with the dog !  Our return calmed her a bit, but she was still very anxious for a few more hours over the "loss" of her home / the trailer.

After lunch we remounted the repaired tire ... now the spare ... underneath the truck.  Then we removed the fifth wheel hitch and prepared Lanoire the truck for the reinstallation of Elsie the truck camper.  We drove again to the storage yard and put the camper back onto the truck.  We returned to our lot, I got the utilities hooked up, and turned on the camper's air conditioner.  Once the camper was cool we put Emma inside.  She still was concerned about the "loss" of the trailer, but by evening had calmed and settled comfortably in the camper.  Bo, on the other hand, was excited all day because he recognized that our activities heralded an upcoming "big drivey".  HA HA HA !

It took me a long time and I got frustrated with hooking up the satellite dish to the camper's TV.  One of the things I dislike about our lifestyle is repeated satellite dish and cell phone dramas !  At 6:30 PM we went for a walk around the dog park with Carol Mae and Kaydee, and a visitor that we don't know and his old dog Angel, who snarled and snapped at Bo.  He just walked away !  WOW !  First time in the 12¼ years that we've had him that he's turned away from an invitation to have a fight.  I wonder if it's because of his advanced age, or Angel's advanced age ( of 14 years ) or gender
( female ) ?  After the two lap pack walk I went bicycling.

We had supper while watching Survivor.

Thursday ;
  Sunny and very hot, temperature in the mid-90's F.

WHEW ... another busy day of hard work preparing for departure on Monday.  Joanne moved everything from the shed and Arizona room, and loaded it all into the camper. 
I have a bad habit of acquiring stuff in either our summer or winter home location that is for the other location.  < sigh >  And this winter season I acquired quite a bit of stuff to be moved back to our summer home.  Making Joanne's packing and loading chores more difficult.  Sorry !

I assisted Joanne with loading and packing chores.  I assisted her with laundry chores.  She assisted me with back flushing both of the camper's waste tanks.  I finished sorting medications ; stay in trailer, go in camper.  I did some "summerization" work on the trailer.  More tomorrow.  I took our recycling to a local recycling depot, then refilled Obie with fuel before returning home.

We floated around in the swimming pool for an hour or so to cool down during the hottest part of the afternoon.  We walked Bo around the dog park.  I went bicycling.  Joanne made my all time favourite meal for supper, and we watched Amazing Race in the evening.

Friday ;
  Sunny and hot.

This morning I phoned Progressive Insurance ... "Flo" ... and cancelled the insurance on Obie.  We went to the storage yard and finished preparing the trailer for the long, extremely hot summer.  After lunch we moved all of our yard furniture into the Arizona room for summer storage.  Mid-afternoon we went to float around in the swimming pool for an hour or so.  We walked Bo around the dog park, then Joanne sprayed herbicide all over our back yard.

This afternoon we ran into an "internet connectivity" problem.  A few days ago some "technical changes" were made to our park's Wi-Fi system.  For a few days we had no problems, but today ... we did.  I visited our park's "technical committee" fellow who made the recent changes, and spent about an hour with him "diagnosing" the problem.  His "conclusion" was that my computer must be the problem.  I disagreed !  And
I believe that  the "diagnosis" that he did over that teeth gnashing ( for both of us ) hour proved that the problem was NOT my computer.  He threw a hissy fit and kicked me out of his house.  Yeah ... **** you, too, ******** ! ! !

Tonight I am feeling exasperated and desperate for an internet connection !  Guess I'll be going to Burger King tomorrow to work online.  Time I can ill afford right now ! ! !

Saturday ;  Sunny and hot during the day, windy and chilly in the evening.

Late last night, after much trial and error, I identified and resolved the cause of my internet connectivity problem.  No thanks to Larry !

Today Joanne went grocery shopping, using the car for the last time this winter season.  Yesterday I cancelled the car's insurance effective at midnight tonight.  This afternoon we put the vinyl snap-on walls onto the Arizona room, a difficult job that I hate doing.  Joanne emptied, defrosted and cleaned the fridge in the shed.  I did preventive maintenance on the truck, preparing it for travel.  I prepared the evaporative ( swamp ) cooler for the long, hot summer, and installed its storage cover.

Around 5 PM we went to float around in the swimming pool for about an hour before taking Bo for a two lap walk around the dog park.  I went bicycling at sunset.  Joanne was quite ill after supper.  Seemed like "food poisoning".  Perhaps from her lunch at Rally's ?

And late in the evening ... LIVE !  FROM NEW YORK !  IT'S ... SATURDAY NIGHT ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment