Sunday, April 30, 2017

April 23 to 29, 2017

Sunday ;  Mostly sunny and mild.

"Return home" chores continue.  I deodorized the black tank in the camper.  I reinstalled the truck's driver's seat cover which Joanne had laundered.  I conducted a 6000 km. inspection on the truck.  I did a muffler repair on the truck.  I went to see a neighbour to renew an "arrangement" we have regarding Wi-Fi service, and I ended up chatting with her for quite awhile about park politics, etc.

We took Bo for a long walk around the park, meeting Bob's and Chris's new Pomeranian puppy Shelby.  While Joanne prepared supper I configured the computer, the TV, and my portable hard drive to enable us to watch a DVD movie while we ate supper.  Because ... our satellite TV service does not resume until tomorrow.  I had placed it on "vacation suspension" while we travelled, and our initial plans were to arrive home tomorrow.

Late in the evening I worked on prescription medication records keeping and accounting.

Monday ;  Mostly sunny and mild.  A few drops of rain around supper time.

Most of the day was taken up with routine return home chores.  I chatted for awhile with a new park resident that I had not met before, discussing park politics.  Joanne went into Keremeos to buy some groceries.  I reviewed the large batch of mail that came in over the winter.  I posted my weekly journal to my online blog.  In the evening I worked on our income tax returns.

Tuesday ;  Frequently changing between sunny and mild, and cloudy with light rain.

Spent the day on routine "return home" and household chores.  Brought the clothing
I purchased this winter, from the camper into our park model, and put it all away.  HMPH !  Wonder why I bought so much clothing this winter ? ! ?

Wednesday ;
  Sunny, cool in the morning, mild in the afternoon.

Today was a long, hard, expensive day of running errands in Penticton.  We left home about 11 AM and were in Penticton before noon.  I dropped Joanne off at Safeway then took the minivan to Great Canadian Oil Change for ... an oil change, of course !  After the oil change I picked Joanne up at Safeway, refilled the minivan with fuel at Wholesale Cub Fuel Bar, then went to my gastroenterologist's office for a 1 PM appointment.  While I was seeing the doctor Joanne went shopping at Dollarama.  After my doctor's appointment we went to Cherry Lane Mall and had lunch in the food court.  After lunch we went to London Drugs to buy a new Canadian cell phone.  Then
Wal-Mart for ... a lot !  Then PetsMart for dog and cat food, and Real Canadian Superstore for a lot of groceries.  WHEW !  We finished in Penticton around 6 PM and were home about 7 PM.

We ate supper while watching Survivor.

Thursday ;  Sunny and chilly.

Around noon we headed into Keremeos.  First stop was the South Similkameen Health Center to pick up an appointment date and time for the lab to do a blood test.  Then while I dropped off some prescription forms at the pharmacy Joanne went to the Post Office to buy a stamp.  At 1 PM we arrived at Victory Hall for our afternoon of election training, which ended at 4:30 PM.

Back at home we took Bo to the dog park and he romped with his new friend, the Pomeranian puppy Shelby.  I replaced a bicycle tire tube.  I made fresh hamburger patties and barbecued Dan-O-Cheeseburgers for supper.  Joanne made her wonderful potato salad.  We watched Amazing Race.  I finished and electronically filed our income tax returns.  With three days to go until the income tax filing deadline ... this is the earliest I have filed our income taxes in thirty years.  HA HA HA !

Friday ;
  Sunny, mild, windy.

We slept late, and had a slow start to the day.  This morning our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over to offer us tickets to her choir's recital in Penticton this Sunday. 
I submitted our ballots for our RV park's upcoming AGM's issues to be voted on.

This afternoon I installed a new battery in one of my three watches.  I trimmed my beard.  Now I look like a proper election official.  HA HA HA !  Gord and Marcie came over to chat.  And to have me examine Ozzie's ears.  Despite my training and admonishment of Marcie last fall before we departed about cleaning and treating Ozzie's ears every few weeks to avoid a recurrence of last summer's extreme ear infections ... she did nothing all winter about Ozzie's ears.  < sigh >  I cleaned and treated Ozzie's ears.  Dirty ... but no infection.  I reviewed my inventory of clothing in the camper.

We took Bo for a walk to the dog park around 6 PM.  It was windy and chilly ! 
BRRRRR !  I assisted with dinner preparation, doing all the cooking ; sautéed Cremini mushrooms, pan fried beef bacon, eggs partially fried, then poached in Crema Salvadoreña, all served on toast.  Nicely done, Daniel.

Saturday ;
  Sunny, chilly, windy.

Started the day with some household maintenance chores.  Trimmed Bo's dew claws.  Joanne did laundry.  When the clothes needed to be moved from the washers into the dryers we took Bo for a walk to the laundromat / swimming pool building and back, a long walk for Bo.  And it seemed like a long walk for us also, considering the wind and chilly temperature.

Wrote a cheque to a Kofa Ko-op neighbour to settle accounts with her, after selling some stuff for her.  Paid Joanne's income tax owing.  Did some financial planning work.  Then ... < sigh > ... while trying to access our Government of Canada online accounts ... I spilled a glass of root beer on my laptop.  **** ! ! !  Every laptop I have owned met its demise because I spilled something on it !

I dried the laptop keyboard as best as I could.  The computer's touch pad would not work properly.  I dismantled the computer, dried things as best as I could with napkins and cotton swabs, then used a hair dryer to dry the insides.  And ... fortunately ... with success !  I reassembled the laptop and continued working on accessing and updating our Government of Canada online accounts.  What a lot of wasted time due to my carelessness !  And what a lot of aggravation due to my carelessness ! ! !

Late in the evening I continued and completed monthly computer scanning and backup procedures.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment