Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 7 to 13, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and mild.

Well ... today Joanne is a cancer survivor for sixteen years.  And I'm thankful for that !

Once again I spent most of the day dealing with the next door neighbour's shed contents.  His shed is now empty.  All his stuff is in our yard and shed, sorted into ;
- to sell
- to donate
- to discard

Late in the afternoon we took Bo for a long walk around the park and along the riverfront.  The river level has dropped a couple of feet from yesterday.  But ... it will rise again as the weather warms and the snow high up in Manning Provincial Park (headwaters of the Similkameen River) melts.  We met and chatted with Jeanine and her dog Charlie, and Colleen and her dog (the other) Bo.

Monday ;  Sunny and mild.

This morning I prepared and submitted our ballots for the upcoming ( postponed and rescheduled ) annual general meeting of Riverside RV Park Resort.  Then I took more photos of more stuff to sell on behalf of the next door neighbour.

This afternoon I downloaded the photos to my laptop.  I set up a records keeping spreadsheet to record the neighbour's items for sale.  Joanne filled out the spreadsheet.  She also went into town to buy some groceries.  I napped !  We took Bo to the dog park, picked up our mail from the community mailboxes, and I returned a book to the library.  I returned a phone call to our election employment supervisor about tomorrow's election duties.  I posted online ads for some of the neighbour's stuff to sell, a painstakingly slow process !

Tuesday ;  Sunny and mild.

Left home this morning at 6:45 AM to head into town to work as election officials at the polling station in Keremeos.  Worked from 7 AM to 9:45 PM.  Arrived home at 10 PM, very tired.  Very long day, but fairly easy money, all things considered.

Your tax dollars at work.  Thanks for the pay cheque !  Two pay cheques, actually !

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and warm.  Too bad it's not going to last.

We slept late this morning, well deserved after yesterday's fifteen hour work day.  Just after noon I loaded a bunch of junk from the neighbour's shed into the minivan and hauled it to the local dump.

This afternoon I posted more ads online to sell the neighbour's shed contents.  We took Bo for a walk to the dog park.  Joanne did laundry.  I went bicycling to enjoy the fine weather.  We watched Survivor while having a great home made pizza for supper.

Yesterday Emma stayed home alone while Bo spent the day next door with Gord, Marcie, and their dog Ozzie.  Bo was a bit worried and sad.  Emma was anxious.

Thursday ;  Cloudy, mild, occasional light rain.

This morning just before 11 AM we headed into Keremeos.  Joanne had an appointment at the lab for a blood test.  I dropped her off at the South Similkameen Health Centre, then went to the Post Office to pick up a parcel.  On the way back to pick Joanne up I stopped at the pharmacy to check whether or not my gastroenterologist had dealt with the prescription ... < ahem > ... "inaccuracies" that my pharmacist had sent to her by fax.  She had not !

I picked Joanne up and we drove to Penticton for a long, tough day of running errands.  First stop was my gastroenterologist's office to "expedite" the "clarifications" required by the pharmacist.  You know ... it should not have to be the responsibility of the patient to hassle the doctor because of careless prescription writing errors !  By the time one graduates from medical school they should know the difference between grams and milligrams !  Those kinds of prescription writing errors kill people, n'est-ce pas ? ! ?

We finished our errands in Penticton around 4:30 PM.  On the way back home we made a stop to sell one of the neighbour's shed items to a lady near Twin Lakes who contacted me by e-mail yesterday evening within a few hours of me posting the ads.  Surprisingly ... the very first neighbour's shed items sold was ... < sputter > ... the goofiest item in the shed.  Go figure !

In the evening we watched Amazing Race.  And I bought tickets online for the Folk On The Rocks music festival in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, in mid-July.

Friday ;  Cold and raining.  YUCK !

Cold, rainy days inspire laziness for me.  I puttered around doing a variety of small projects.  I went over to see our neighbour / friend Jeanine to buy her small 12 volt fridge.  Now we have three of them ... one in each of our vehicles.  HA HA HA !  We find them to be very useful.

Saturday ;
  Cold and raining.  YUCK !  Again !

Not a very work inspiring day.  Again !  I installed a wireless door chime I bought at Harbor Freight in Yuma, Arizona.  We did some Northwest Territories trip planning.  Joanne had a phone chat with her sister in Winnipeg.  I spent much of the day puttering around on the computer.  I exchanged a lot of back and forth e-mails with a couple of Similkameen Trailer Towing clients ; a repeat customer and a potential new client.

And then ... HA HA HA HA HA ... LIVE !  FROM NEW YORK ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment