Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 21 to 27, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and very warm.  Again !  How very nice !

Once again we spent much of the day tending to our garage sale.  We did better today than yesterday.  We planted our vegetable garden today.  I prepared the truck for service on Tuesday.  I removed the valve extenders, wheel liners, and hub caps. 
I responded to a trailer towing quote request.  I worked on repairing a kitchen cupboard door.  As the sun dipped down below the top of the mountain across the river ( about 6:30 PM ) we took Bo to the dog park.  While Joanne prepared supper I posted my weekly journal to my blog.

Monday ;  Victoria Day ( Canadian holiday )


Sunny and hot.  Wonderful !

I woke up this morning wanting a special brunch.  SO ... I made pancakes, one of my specialties.  MMMMM ... they were good.  Especially with fresh Canadian maple syrup.  First outdoor task was to set up the Sun Oven while Joanne prepared my favourite Sun Oven recipe, a Mexican chicken and rice dish.  I put the pot into the Sun Oven and monitored / adjusted the Sun Oven all day until it was cooked.  MMMMM ... again !

Joanne worked on planting on our front yard rock slope, a difficult job.  Most of the Russian Sage plants that she planted on the rock slope a few years ago died over the harsh winter just passed.  While she did the difficult work on the rocks I was her
"go-fer".  I watered our tomato and vegetable gardens.  Joanne watered her herb garden.  HMPH !  Four of my eight tomato plants don't look so healthy.  We loaded most of the remaining garage sale items into the minivan, to be donated tomorrow to the Salvation Army in Penticton.  I kept a few of the larger items that already have online "for sale" ads posted.

This afternoon a park resident's visiting sister had an automobile accident as she left our RV park and entered the highway.  Apparently she turned out of our RV park into the path of an oncoming large pickup truck with an ATV in the back, and hauling a travel trailer.  HMMM ... large pickup truck with ATV in the back, hauling a travel trailer, versus small SUV.  Guess who won ? ! ?  Quite a scene at the entrance to our park, with two RCMP cruisers, a fire truck, and an ambulance.

In the evening I worked on monthly computer maintenance.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and hot, extremely windy in the evening.

This morning I left home at 10 AM in the truck, headed for a day of errands in Penticton, including three truck service appointments.  Ambitious and tricky scheduling !  About the time I arrived in Penticton at 11 AM Joanne left home in the minivan, also heading for Penticton.  First stop for me was Integra Tire where I had a tire rotation and brake inspection.  That was finished just in time for me to make it to my next appointment at noon.  AND ... I would have been on time if Joanne had not been seven minutes late meeting me at Integra Tire !  < fume >

I dropped the truck off at Westech Automotive to have the rear axle universal joint replaced.  Joanne and I headed off in the minivan to drop off a large load of donations at Salvation Army.  Then we shopped briefly in the Salvation Army Thrift Store, buying three items that we don't really need.  HEY ... circle of life.  HA HA HA !  Next stop was Value Village for a couple more items we don't really need.  HA HA HA HA HA !  Well ... I actually did need one of the two items I bought.

We went to Cherry Lane Mall to have lunch in the food court.  By the time we were finished lunch the truck was ready to be picked up.  We returned to Westech Automotive, picked up the truck, and took it to Parker's Chrysler to have the passenger's side airbag replaced on recall.  While the air bag was being replaced at Parker's we went shopping at Wal-Mart and then Superstore for groceries.  After grocery shopping we picked up the truck and took both vehicles for fuel refilling at Real Canadian Warehouse Fuel Bar.  Then Joanne headed back home in the minivan, with a stop in Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug, and I went to Home Hardware in Penticton to buy an advertised special before I headed home.  We both arrived home about the same time, around 7 PM.

WHEW ... bit of a hectic day !  I barbecued Dan-O-Cheeseburgers for supper, along with grilling a head of Romaine lettuce for a grilled Romaine salad.

Wednesday ;
  Cloudy, chilly, windy.

The weather was once again not conducive to working outdoors, so ... another somewhat unproductive day.  I torqued the truck's lug nuts then reinstalled the wheel liners, valve extenders, and hub caps.  Joanne watered the vegetable garden, the tomato garden, and the herb garden.  I made some phone calls.  I posted a few more ads on Kijiji, advertising a few more of the neighbour's shed items for sale.  I kept about a half dozen items for sale and donated everything else to the Salvation Army in Penticton yesterday.  In the evening we watched the three hour season finale of Survivor.

Thursday ;  Mostly sunny, mild.

After trimming my beard this afternoon we visited with our friend / neighbour Jeanine while our laundry was washing and drying.  After we returned home I did some purging of jackets and sweaters.  I bought a jacket and a sweater at Value Village in Penticton on Tuesday, and realized that I can't just keep buying "new" ( to me ) stuff without ever getting rid of older stuff.  After supper we watched Amazing Race.

Friday ;
  Sunny and warm.

Today I worked on, and completed, an annual truck maintenance chore that I dislike. 
I removed the truck's "permanent" air filter, cleaned it, dried it, oiled it, and reinstalled it.  I phoned the My Health Portal office and they provided me with the information
I needed to complete our enrolment in the My Health Portal online service that allows one to access their own health care records online.  I watered our vegetable and tomato gardens.  I paid some bills online.  I reconciled our monthly MasterCard statement.  YIKES !  We certainly do spend a lot of money in the first month after we return from the south each year.

Saturday ;
  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked a wonderful sausage and potato stew in the Sun Oven today.

This morning I did some routine preventive maintenance on both the truck and minivan.  Then I began working on removing the old and cracked caulking from around the camper's bedroom escape hatch / roof vent.  I removed about a quarter of it today, and will continue to do about a quarter of it each day until it's done.

After lunch Joanne went into Keremeos to run some errands.  I napped with the animals.  HEY ... why not ? ! ?  Afterwards I cleaned and polished shoes, then repaired the minivan's windshield moulding which had come loose today while Joanne was driving to town and back.  The neighbours had to go to Penticton Hospital for a scheduled test for Gord.  They asked us to care for Ozzie for a few hours.  We took Bo and Ozzie to the dog park, and then for a walk.  When we were done Ozzie didn't want to come to our house, he just wanted to go back home.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment