Sunday, June 4, 2017

May 28 to June 3, 2017

Sunday ;  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked an amazing chicken and wild rice dish in the Sun Oven today.

I worked on the roof of the camper today, scraping old caulking off from around the bedroom roof vent / escape hatch frame.  I had planned to do one quarter each day, after starting yesterday, but today I did the remaining three quarters.

Bo ripped a claw off on the living room carpet today.  It snagged on the carpet and pulled right out of his toe.  I was stunned.  And it was my fault.  It happened as a result of me handling him roughly.  I'm very sorry, Bo.

Monday ;
  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked an excellent pot of chili in the Sun Oven today.

This morning I checked and adjusted the air pressure in all of the truck's and minivan's tires.  Then I cleaned dirt and caulking residue from around the frame of the camper bedroom roof vent / escape hatch.  WHEW !  Hot !  We trimmed Bo's claws, being very careful around the sore toe where the nail tore out yesterday.

This afternoon I installed a new door lock actuator on the passenger side sliding door of the minivan.  It broke exactly one year ago.  And I refused to buy a new one last summer.  The cost here in Canada was about $168.  During the winter I bought one at Pep Boys in Yuma for U.S.$53, about $71 Canadian.

I also installed a new drive belt in our portable, evaporative "swamp" cooler.  I bought the drive belt in Yuma because I could not find a replacement in Penticton.  After installing the new drive belt I set up the cooler in our bedroom.  Emma was very pleased.  HA HA HA !

At 6 PM we went to the swimming pool building.  While Joanne floated around the pool cooling off I did pool walking exercise.  When we returned home close to 7 PM I took Bo for a walk while Joanne prepared a salad and garlic toast to accompany the Sun Oven cooked chili for supper.

Tuesday ;  SEVEN YEARS AS A NON-SMOKER

Thin hazy cloud cover, hot, humid, windy.

Late this morning we headed into town ( Keremeos ) to run a few errands.  First stop was Sanderson Farms to buy some fresh produce.  Then Similkameen Agencies to renew the truck's annual registration and insurance, and the camper's insurance.  We stopped at Valu-Plus, the local grocery store, but their prices have become so outrageous we did not buy any groceries.  Last stop was Similkameen Pharmacy where I picked up a prescription refill.

I received my Elections BC paycheque a week ago.  Joanne did not receive hers.  Today she phoned Elections BC in Victoria to find out where her paycheque is. 
< sigh >  It was sent, but there was a typographical error in the address, so it is somewhere in Post Office limbo.  Eventually it will get back to Elections BC and they will correct the address and send it again.

I received a notice from Arizona's Motor Vehicle Department about the cancellation of the insurance policy on Obie, our SUV in Yuma.  The notice threatens to cancel the registration / license plate on Obie due to the vehicle being without insurance.  I sorted out the problem online ... I hope.  I wasn't aware that there was a requirement to advise the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department when we Snowbirds cancel our vehicle insurance, and put our vehicles into storage until we return the following winter season.

Wednesday ;
  Cloudy, warm, humid, intermittent rain.

This afternoon I tackled ( pun intended ) a job that I have procrastinated doing.  I sorted and purged all my regular ( not fly ) fishing tackle.  I have had too much redundant fishing tackle, acquired over a lifetime, housed in a decrepit, large fishing tackle box that I won in a fishing derby about thirty-five to forty years ago.  I sorted, purged, and rearranged the remaining fishing tackle into a much smaller, lighter tackle box that I recently acquired.  Soon I should do something similar with my fly fishing tackle.

When we walked Bo this afternoon we took Ozzie with us.  The neighbours were in Penticton all day, and asked us to care for Ozzie.  Joanne brushed Emma this afternoon, then weighed her.  WOO-HOO !  Emma has reached ten pounds ! ! !  When we got her in early January, dehydrated and emaciated, she weighed seven and a half pounds.

This evening I downloaded, printed, and reconciled our bank statements and investment updates.

Thursday ;  Cloudy, warm, humid, intermittent rain ... again.

We left home this morning around 11 am for a long and tiring day of running errands in Penticton.  We did not get back home until shortly after 7 PM.

Joanne prepared Daniel's Hamburgesa y Frijoles Mexicano for supper tonight.  It's a seasoned ground beef and refried beans casserole recipe I created while travelling in Mexico many years ago.  HA HA HA ... and it's still very good !  Over supper and afterwards we watched the season finales of MasterChef Canada and Amazing Race.

Friday ;  Mostly sunny and mild.

This morning I played telephone tag with an art gallery owner in Penticton.  We finally connected and had a chat about the sale of a few pieces of art of ours on a consignment basis.  I returned a book to the library.  I fertilized our vegetable garden.  We gave Bo a bath.  I visited a neighbour to make arrangements for the use of their driveway to accommodate some RV visitors that are coming to visit us in about a week.

This afternoon I worked on sorting and preparing my fly fishing gear, then loaded all my fly fishing gear and regular fishing gear into the camper in preparation for our upcoming trip to the Northwest Territories.  Then I cleaned and refurbished a used vacuum cleaner that Joanne purchased yesterday at the Salvation Army Thrift Store in Penticton.  I'm very good at that sort of refurbishment work, and now the vacuum cleaner is as good as new.

I contributed to supper preparation by cooking fiddleheads, purchased yesterday in Penticton.  Fiddleheads are an Eastern Canada spring time delicacy, and are only available this far west about once per year for a very brief time, when a mushroom farm in the Lower Mainland succeeds in their once per year growing of fiddleheads.

Saturday ;
  Sunny and warm, a very nice day.

Today I resealed around the camper's bedroom escape hatch / roof vent with self levelling lap sealant.  THEN ... I scraped off all the old sealant from around the TV antenna base and the radio antenna base, and replaced all of that with self levelling lap sealant as well.  Everything on the camper roof now looks to be in excellent condition. 
I have done an excellent job of maintenance and refurbishment on this camper which is now twenty years old and is, in my humble opinion, in as good condition as the day it left the factory.  Maybe better !  Ready for the Northwest Territories !

Joanne helped me to review, purge, and rearrange the contents of the two hallway closets in our home.  Well done !  It's essential to occasionally purge surplus / worthless stuff, especially stuff buried deep at the back of, or at the top of closets.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment