Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 15 to 21, 2018

Sunday ;  Cloudy and mild.

I did some minor maintenance on the camper this afternoon.  Joanne did laundry and a bit of yard work.  I did some banking and investment work on the computer, and uploaded my weekly journal entry to my blog.

Monday ;  Cold and raining.

The outdoor work we had planned for today did not get done because of the poor weather.  I did a minor home improvement project on the bathroom in the house.  We went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehabilitation aquatic exercises.

Tuesday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, chilly, windy.  Our electricity went off this morning before we got out of bed, and stayed off until after lunch time.

This morning Joanne left for a day of running errands in Penticton by herself.  Because of a mudslide at Yellow Lake four days ago, Hwy. 3A from Keremeos to Kaleden has been closed.  SO ... she had to drive east all the way to Osoyoos, then turn north on Hwy. 97 and go through Oliver and Okanagan Falls to get to Penticton, turning a one hour drive into a two hour drive.  Just before she was ready to come home around 5 PM a single lane of Hwy. 3A was reopened to traffic.

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and cool.

We did a very small amount of outdoor work today.  I exercised our generator. 
I reinstalled / reconnected our garden hoses.  Joanne watered and turned our composter contents.  We took Ozzie for a couple of walks.  Our neighbour / friend Jeanine and her little dog Charlie came over for a visit this afternoon.

Thursday ;  Penticton


Sunny and mild, a nice spring day.

After lunch we headed to Penticton to attend another "Kitchen Stove Film" presentation.  This month's film was "Meditation Park", a "foreign art film" made in Vancouver.  HA HA HA !  I found it to be somewhat depressing.  Joanne quite liked it.  After the film we went shopping at Wal-Mart.

This was the first time I saw the after effects of the mud slide at Yellow Lake last Friday.  YIKES !  Half the mountain slid down, across the road, and into the lake.  With significant damage to the road !

Friday ;  Partially sunny, mild.

We had a bit of a lazy day again.  Joanne did a bit of outdoor / yard work.  We went to the swimming pool for an aquatic exercise session.  We went for long walks with the dog.

Saturday ;  Mostly sunny, mild, very windy.

This afternoon Joanne did some yard maintenance work.  I did some truck maintenance work.  First I removed all the valve extenders, hub caps, and wheel liners from the truck, in preparation for the installation of new tires on Tuesday.  Then I removed and replaced the truck's headlight assemblies.  Tougher job that I thought it would be.  Each of the truck's headlights has one mounting screw ( of three ) that is near impossible to remove and reinstall.  And as a fat old man, I lack the dexterity / flexibility to contort my fingers and hands and arms and body as necessary for automotive maintenance work !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment