Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 25 to 31, 2018

Sunday ;  Sunny and cold.

I was somewhat "crippled" today, by an extremely sore left knee.  I must have injured it yesterday during exercises in the pool.  Even using a cane today I could barely move around.

I processed some photos taken on our trailer towing trip to Kamloops and back a couple of days ago.  I updated our investment summary today.  < BLINK BLINK >  We lost almost $23,000 last week ? ? ?  I uploaded my weekly journal to my blog.  I reconciled and paid our monthly MasterCard bill.  I did some online research on truck tires.  It's almost time to replace the truck's tires.  We gave Ozzie a bath.  Well ... Joanne gave Ozzie a bath.  I assisted a teensy bit.

Monday ;  Cold and raining.

Today's weather was very conducive to being lazy.  I snoozed for much of the day, resting my sore knee and ... just enjoying the laziness.

Our friend Laszlo in Kamloops had bladder ( and prostate ) removal surgery today.  Best wishes, Lasz !  We hope you have a successful recovery and will beat cancer for the third time !

Tuesday ;  Penticton ;  HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY TO OZZIE

We spent the day running shopping errands in Penticton.  I went to the walk-in clinic that I use and obtained new prescriptions for all my medications.  I took the minivan to Integra Tire and had the studded winter tires removed and the summer tires put back on.  We went to the South Okanagan Events Centre and sort of figured out where we need to deliver the large trailers we are towing to the BC Interior RV Show next week.

At home in the evening I got a phone call from a Yuma, Arizona neighbour of ours.  We arranged for a lunch date at the Thai restaurant in Keremeos in a week and a half.

Wednesday ;  Sunny, mild, windy.

This morning I was hired by a local trailer dealer to deliver a ( three ) horse trailer tomorrow to Abbotsford, near Vancouver.  Late this afternoon as I went to pull the truck out from underneath the camper, to go pick up the trailer at Twin Lakes, halfway to Penticton, I discovered ... < sputter > ... both rear tires on the driver's side were flat !  Using our small air compressor I completely re-inflated one tire and partially re-inflated the other before it was time to leave to go pick up the trailer.

We drove into Keremeos and I went to Fas Gas to continue adding air to the tires and purchase diesel fuel.  I was hurrying.  I re-inflated the second tire on the driver's side, and adjusted the air in all the other tires.  I pulled over to the diesel pump and left Joanne to put away the long air hose at the station's compressor station.  I refilled with diesel, went inside to pay for my purchase, and returned to the truck to find that ...
< sigh > ... Joanne had tripped and fell on the asphalt, injuring her left knee, landing on both hands and scraping them, then tumbling forward onto her face, giving herself a fat lip and scraped nose !

I am of the opinion that this kind of incident has been an annual occurrence, more or less, for the last ten years or so.  Joanne vehemently disagrees with me.  So ... we fought about it for awhile !

We rushed to Twin Lakes, picked up the horse trailer to be delivered, then rushed home.  While I walked Ozzie, Joanne took care of her injuries.

The truck tires seem to be holding air ... for now !  Joanne's knee hurts a lot !  It's scraped and very swollen !  Her hands hurt !  Her upper lip hurts !  Her nose hurts !   What more is there I can say ? ! ?

Thursday ;  home to Abbotsford & return

I was up early this morning, at 7 AM, and was ready for departure by 8:30 AM.  Because of her injuries sustained yesterday, Joanne stayed home and I did this trailer delivery job by myself.  West on Crowsnest Hwy. 3 to Princeton where I stopped at Kal Tire to have the air adjusted in the truck's two troublesome tires.  I continued west on Crowsnest Hwy. 3 through Manning Provincial Park where the weather deteriorated.  As the elevation continued to rise, I was driving in clouds and rain.  At Hope, Crowsnest Hwy. 3 ended and merged onto Trans-Canada Hwy. 1.  At Hwy. 11 in Abbotsford
I turned south for a short distance to the Costco store where I met the trailer's buyer and delivered the trailer at 1 PM.

On the way back home I stopped at a rest area near Hope at 2 PM to have a late picnic lunch.  I refilled with diesel in Princeton.  I was home by 5 PM.



Good Friday ;  six months post-operative

Sunny, cool, windy.

Today is six months since my cardiac bypass surgery.  I'm doing well !  The healing / recuperation / rehabilitation milestones are three months, six months, twelve months, and eighteen months.  So far, so good !  My most persistent problem, although not particularly serious, has been edema.  For the last few weeks I have been severely restricting my fluid intake, and that has helped a lot.

This morning I did more work on the truck's two problematic rear tires.  I have now removed the valve extenders from both tires, and it appears likely that will solve the problems ... for now.  I am due for new tires in just a few more weeks.  And I am going to be looking for a different solution to the problem of valve extenders for dually rear tires.  Almost every tire problem that I have had in the last thirteen years has been due to dually rear valve extenders.

I torqued the lug nuts on the minivan, after having the tires changed over from winter to summer tires a few days ago.  I removed the four studded winter tires from the back of the minivan, piled them on the picnic table, and photographed them, in preparation for selling them next fall.  I hope to never need winter tires again !  I did some "heavy lifting" yard work.  And as long as I worked slow and steady ... "heavy lifting" was not a problem.  WOO-HOO ... no more angina ! ! !

We went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehabilitation aquatic exercises.  In the evening I ordered two new headlight assemblies for the truck.  The headlight assembly that I recently ordered online for the minivan worked out well.  I received and installed it.  The total cost was about half of buying it locally at an auto supply store.

Saturday ;  Sunny, mild.

This morning we drove to Twin Lakes to return the trailer dealer's license plate and pick up our payment cheque.  On the way back home we stopped in Keremeos and
I dropped off new prescription orders at Similkameen Pharmacy.

This afternoon I checked the truck's problem tires' air pressures.  All is well now that the valve extenders have been removed and the valves' internal cores have been tightened.  I put the minivan's now redundant studded winter tires into storage in our shed.  I serviced my bicycle, getting it ready for use, a "resurrected" Easter weekend ritual of mine since childhood.  Joanne sewed a seam on my jacket, and did a lot of laundry.  Ozzie and I walked down to the laundromat to meet her when she was finished.  Ozzie loooooves "finding" his "mommy".  HA HA HA ... good dog, Ozzie !

We weighed Ozzie again today.  He has now lost a total of eight pounds since we got him six months ago.  He's now down to twenty-five pounds, from thirty-three.  Neighbours are now starting to call him "skinny Ozzie".  I wonder how much he misses eating Burger King Whoppers and fries ?  HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment