Sunday, April 29, 2018

April 22 to 28, 2018

Sunday ;  Oliver

Sunny and mild, another nice spring day.

After an early lunch we left for Oliver.  East on Hwy. 3 to Osoyoos, then north on Hwy. 97 to Oliver.  We attended a South Okanagan Amateur Players production of "Outside Mullingar".  I thought the play was ... okay.  Joanne thought it was better then that.  After the play we went to a condominium building under construction and visited their display suite.  Not at all to our tastes !  Especially the "starting at $400,000" part ! ! !  Before leaving Oliver we stopped at a grocery store and bought a couple of items needed for tonight's supper.

We were back home about 6:15 PM.  We walked Ozzie, then made supper together.

Monday ;  Sunny and mild, a lovely spring day.

This morning I did a 6000 km. inspection on the truck, then dismantled ... piece by piece ... brad nail by brad nail ... two old wood planters.  To discard wood into our park's "burn pile", all screws, nails, etc. must be removed from the wood.

This afternoon we went to the pool to do some exercises.  I wasn't really into it ... my right knee is very sore.  Afterwards we went to our neighbour / friend Jeanine's to trim her little dog Charlie's nails.  Like Ozzie, Charlie is having spring time allergy flare-ups, so we brought him back to our home to treat a severe hot spot he has on his inner thigh.  And we "installed" an Elizabethan collar on him.  HA HA HA ... Ozzie and Charlie wandering around our small home, both wearing cones, both "coning" everybody and everything in their paths.

Tuesday ;  Penticton

Sunny and warm.  AHHHHH ... spring is here !

At noon we left for Penticton, in both our vehicles.  I took the truck to Canadian Tire in Penticton to have new tires installed.  And to have the truck's brakes inspected. 
I expected that the front brakes would need replacement.  We spent the afternoon running errands, using the minivan.

While we were having lunch at Dairy Queen, Canadian Tire employee "Bob" phoned to tell me that the front brakes on the truck had been inspected, and they were okay.  Not yet ready for replacement.  About an hour later while we were shopping for a jacket for me at Value Village, another Canadian Tire employee phoned, this one with a "the sky is falling" message about the truck's rear and front brakes.  I suggested that he and Bob have a discussion and get their acts together !  A few minutes late, Bob called for the second time, trying to sound like my long lost best friend, addressing me as "Danny".  I "corrected" him, and none too gently either !  I told him I would be back at Canadian Tire in half an hour.

At Canadian Tire, Bob took me out into the shop and gave me a "scare tactic" lecture about a problem with one of the truck's rear brake rotors.  I was not at all impressed by both his and his colleague's attitudes and "upsell" tactics.  I told him to finish installing the new tires, and leave the brakes alone !  More attitude exhibited by Bob.

We left Canadian Tire for the second time, continued our shopping errands, and an hour later returned to Canadian Tire for the third time today, and picked up the truck, with new tires, and no brake repairs.  I did not leave the minivan for a brake inspection as I had initially planned.  Too bad you two clowns shot yourselves in the collective foot like that !

On our way walking across the Rona parking lot I zigged and ... Joanne did not ! 
I bumped her hard and she fell sideways, sustaining severe "road rash" on her left elbow.  < sigh >  I did first aid in the car as best as I could, then did better first aid as soon as we returned home.  I'm extremely sorry, my dear !

On the way home in the minivan Joanne got delayed as she tried to rescue a little dog running around on the highway.  Unfortunately she was unable to capture the little dog.

Wednesday ;
  Sunny and warm.

After lunch Joanne went to Penticton for an afternoon of shopping by herself.  BUT ... before she left, I set up the Sun Oven, and she put our first sun cooked meal of the year into the Sun Oven.  AHHHHH ... spring !

This afternoon I puttered around with outdoor chores.  I removed the copper propane line connecting the propane tank to our home, and replaced it with a rubber propane hose I purchased in Penticton yesterday.  The copper line had been installed last October, shortly after my heart surgery, while I was still quite ill, by a "licensed gas fitter".  We called the ugly copper line installation "the abortion".  It was probably the worse looking job I have ever paid a "professional" to do !  After Joanne returned from Penticton I loaded a pile of scrap wood into the back of the minivan and took it down to the park's burn pile.  We had our wonderful sun cooked chicken meal, then watched Survivor and Code Black.

Thursday ;  Sunny and warm.  Joanne cooked supper in the Sun Oven again, making a sausage and bean cassoulet.

This morning we drove to Cawston ( small village just east of Keremeos ) to buy bedding plants at Little Bushy's Nursery.  I bought tomato plants and Joanne bought herb plants.  On our way through Keremeos we refilled our five gallon water jug.

This afternoon Joanne did gardening and yard cleanup work.  I worked on the truck's new tires.  I checked the tightness of all the lug nuts using my large torque wrench. 
I adjusted the air pressure in all six tires, from 60 PSI to 80 PSI, which took quite awhile using my small compressor.  I reinstalled the front tires' wheel liners and hub caps. 
I haven't finished the rears yet because I am still waiting for my order of new valve extenders from Amazon.  OH ... they arrived in my mail box late this afternoon.

Friday ;  Sunny and very warm, temperature in the 80's F.  Actually ... too hot to work outdoors in the sunlight in mid-afternoon.  Joanne cooked a beef pot roast in the Sun Oven today.

Our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over for a visit this afternoon.  I worked on the installation of the new valve extenders on the truck.  Simply put ... they won't work !  Tonight I ordered different products online, and ... < sputter > ... attempted and partially failed to return the items I already have received from Amazon.  I thought ordering ... and returning ... items from / to Amazon was supposed to be "hassle free" !  Stay
tuned !

Saturday ;  Cloudy, mild, intermittent light rain.

Puttered around with some minor maintenance work on the truck, minivan, house, camper, and garden / yard.  Received an e-mail from Amazon Customer Service.  They confirmed that one of the items I wanted to return was non-returnable.  SO ...
< sputter > ... they were simply going to issue a refund !  I could keep the item , discard it, or donate it.  < blink blink >  THEN ... they asked if that was satisfactory.  Well ... DUH !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment