Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 13 to 19, 2018

Sunday ;  Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked a double sized meat loaf in the Sun Oven today, half for tonight's supper, half to go in the freezer.

I made reservations at a motel in Quesnel for Friday night, in anticipation of a probable trailer towing job to Quesnel on Friday.  I posted online ads to sell our four pieces of artwork.  I watered our gardens and composter.  We took Ozzie for a couple of long walks.  Joanne struggled with low stamina due to hot weather.  I guess my heart bypasses are working well.  My stamina is greater than Joanne's.

I updated our investment summary.  I posted my weekly journal to my blog.  I retrieved and did some review of the ( too much again ! ) documents for our community's rescheduled AGM, postponed from yesterday to June 2, because of the flooding.

Monday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, very warm, humid.

This morning I lost the trailer towing job to Quesnel planned for Friday due to the uncertainty caused by the flooding of the Similkameen River, and my inability to "guarantee" the delivery date due to the high risk of an evacuation order later this week.  I'm frustrated and annoyed at the situation.

We had a slightly lazy, slow day.  We did Ozzie dental and ear care.  I watered our gardens.  We went to the swimming pool and did exercises.  We attended yet another "emergency" meeting called by the President of our "homeowner's society".  More "the sky is falling and I / we are your saviours".  It's getting tiresome !

Tuesday ;  Penticton


Sunny and very warm.

This morning we left home at 10 AM headed to Penticton for an 11 AM meeting with our investment advisor.  After the meeting ended at 1 PM we went to a local jewellery store to have the battery replaced in my ( father's ) Post Office gold watch.  I took the watch to that jeweller because they replaced the crystal on the watch last fall ... after I broke it while replacing the battery.  We had a late lunch at McDonald's then spent the rest of the afternoon running shopping errands in Penticton.  We left Penticton about 4:45 PM and were home an hour later.

We took Ozzie for a walk, then to the dog park where he visited with his friend Jake the Beagle.  We had perogies for supper.  I never thought I would say this about perogies, but ... they were terrible !  Note to self ; never buy perogies at M&M Food Market again.

Wednesday ;  Sunny and very warm.

Trimmed Emma's claws this morning.  Unhappy cat !  Spent a lot of time chatting with neighbours while taking Ozzie on his noon walk.

This afternoon I did a muffler repair on the truck.  I'm getting much too old to be crawling underneath the truck.  And after repairing the truck's muffler annually for about the last five years, I think I should replace the muffler next winter while we're in Yuma.  Installed a fifty foot soaker hose that we bought yesterday in Penticton, routing it through my tomato garden, Joanne's strawberry garden, and back and forth through our vegetable garden.  Mixed oil and additives into a gallon of fuel for the generator.  Went to the swimming pool for a cardiac exercise session ... and more chatting with neighbours.  Cleaned the barbecue's drip tray.  YUCK !

In the evening we watched Survivor while eating supper.  I paid bills online and reconciled a bank statement.  I mixed a batch of a homeopathic ear drop recipe ( for Ozzie ) that I recently got from a new neighbour.  Late in the evening we watched Code Black.

Thursday ;  Penticton


Cloudy, humid, raining while I drove to Penticton.

I left home at noon and drove to Penticton to attend a cardiac rehabilitation program "reunion" from 1 PM to 3 PM.  It was a "group medical appointment" attended by one of the program's physiotherapists and the program's medical director, my cardiologist.  These "reunions" are held about once per month, and usually have six program "graduates" attend to discuss any and all questions with the physiotherapist and doctor.  Today there were only four graduates in attendance, two bypass patients and two stent patients.  It was an interesting and informative couple of hours.

After the group medical appointment I ran a couple of errands.  I took my watch to a jeweller and left it to be repaired.  Changing the battery a few days ago had not solved the problem.  Then I went to Safeway and bought a few grocery items.  I was back home about 5 PM.

Friday ;
  Cloudy and cool.

The Similkameen River has not yet "crested" for a second time.  Today was forecast to be the likeliest day for that to happen.  So ... maybe the worst was last week ?  Tomorrow should probably be the last day of serious flood threat.

This afternoon I did a frustrating repair on the minivan.  I disassembled the interior of the passenger's side sliding door, to remove the malfunctioned door lock actuator.  AGAIN !  I replaced it about a year ago.  The expensive door lock actuator has failed for the second time ... since we've had the minivan ... so I suspect there may be a power voltage problem that is harming the expensive little electronic piece of shit !  I am not inclined to replace it again !  After removing the door lock actuator I "jimmied" the latch so that the door will remain always unlocked.

Saturday ;  Cloudy and raining in the morning, clearing slowly in the afternoon.

I reinstalled the rear seat of the minivan.  I had removed it to work on the door lock actuator of the sliding door.  Joanne went into town to refill our five gallon water jug, and buy some produce.  I exercised our small generator.  I napped a lot.  HEY ... rainy weather does that to me.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment