Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 20 to 26, 2018

Sunday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, warm, humid !  Arrival of mosquitoes !

This morning we removed the camper off the truck, and reinstalled the fifth wheel hitch into the truck bed.  Ready for towing !

This afternoon we attended the "Celebration Of Life" for our neighbour Betty's recently deceased husband Dave, held at the "lodge" / our RV park's clubhouse.

I barbecued another GREAT Sockeye Salmon fillet for supper tonight.

Monday ;    Victoria Day ( Canadian holiday )

Sunny and hot.  Joanne cooked a lamb roast in the Sun Oven today.

I removed the truck's aftermarket, high performance, air intake system and cleaned the "permanent" air filter.  Easier said than done.  I did not have any of the special oil required to treat it prior to reinstallation.  Darn !  Was on the list of things to buy in Yuma last winter.  Hope I can find some in Penticton tomorrow.  Did some minor repairs on the minivan, and the evaporative / "swamp" cooler in our bedroom.  Cleaned Ozzie's chronically infected ear and treated it for the first time with the homeopathic solution
I prepared recently.  Got the formula / recipe from a new neighbour.  Went to the swimming pool and did a session of aquatic cardiac exercises.  Tried out the new
water / pool shoes I bought in Penticton recently.  Joanne encouraged me to buy them for use in our Yuma RV park's outdoor swimming pool.

Tuesday ;  Penticton


Sunny and hot.

Late this morning we headed to Penticton.  We ran errands until it was time for me to go to the hospital for an echocardiogram / ultrasound of the heart.  Joanne dropped me off at the hospital, then went for a late lunch.  When I was finished at the hospital, I walked next door to my cardiologist's office to check something with him, as he instructed last week at the cardiac rehabilitation "reunion".

Before going to the hospital I went ... on impulse ... to a cosmetology school and had a haircut and beard trim.  It was quite satisfactory, and I look forward to trying the school again.  I had a haircut and beard trim performed by a young female student, closely supervised by an experienced instructor.  It was my student's first beard trim, and
I coached her.

I had a very late lunch after my echocardiogram, then we continued running errands until about 6 PM.  We were home about 7 PM.  No doggie bathroom “accidents” !  Good dog, Ozzie !

Wednesday ;
  Mostly sunny, hot, humid.  Clouds and a bit of rain late in the afternoon.

This morning I oiled the air filter and reinstalled the truck's air intake system.  This afternoon we trimmed Ozzie's nails, gave him a short haircut, and then a bath.  We went to the swimming pool for a cardiac exercise session.  In the evening we watched the three hour season finale of Survivor.

Thursday ;  Penticton


Mostly sunny, very warm.

After lunch we headed to Penticton.  We refilled the minivan with fuel, then picked up my Post Office watch at the jeweller's where I had left it for repairs.  We were guilty of communicating poorly with one another this morning, and mismanaging our time today, so ... we showed up at Landmark Cinemas at 3 PM, an hour early for the movie we had come to see.  Today was another foreign film presentation of the Kitchen Stove Film Series.  Today's movie was "C'est La Vie" ( That's Life ), a comedy / drama from France.  Excellent movie ! ! !

The movie ended at 6 PM.  We went to Superstore to buy a few grocery items before heading home.  We arrived home about 7:30 PM.

Friday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, very warm.

This morning we did a small trailer towing job, relocating a trailer within our RV park. 
I had been hired a few weeks ago to move a trailer from a flood threatened site to our front gate / mailbox area, to get it away from the flood threat.  This morning we relocated it back to its site within the park.  We positioned and levelled the trailer on its site better than it had been.  Clients seemed pleased.  Easy money !

This afternoon I did some minor maintenance on the minivan and some travel preparations in the camper.  We are planning to go camping / travelling in a bit more than a week.  Late in the afternoon we went to the swimming pool and did cardiac exercising.  In the evening I did monthly computer scan and backup.

Saturday ;
  Sunny, warm, chilly wind for much of the day.

This morning I did some yard and garden work.  In the afternoon I worked on the computer, paying bills, reconciling and paying our monthly MasterCard statement, working on my annual RRIF withdrawal and budgets.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment