Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 1 to 7, 2018

Sunday ;  CANADA DAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY / BONNE FÊTE CANADA !


Mix of sun and clouds, warm, a bit windy.

We chose to stay at home today, and have a low key Canada Day.  Like most days, we simply puttered around with chores.  And went for walks with the dog.  Joanne cleaned the camper.  Much cleaning work to be done after our recent three week trip.  Emma makes a mess around her two litter boxes.  Yes, yes ... she has to have two litter boxes, despite how small the camper living space is.  And one of them is up in the bedroom area.  Litter gets tossed around and out of the litter box and against and under my side of the bed as we travel on rough roads.  Lots of cleaning for Joanne today.

I reinstalled the truck's rear wheel fender flap.  So the "remove / repair / reinstall" project of the rear wheel well liner and fender flap is now complete.  We mounted the ornamental windmill on our front yard rock slope.  Joanne is happy with it !  I paid some bills.  I retrieved and printed month end bank statements and investment updates.

Monday ;  Raining and chilly for most of the day.

Joanne did laundry.  We went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehab exercises for the first time in over a month.  Most of my work plans for today were thwarted by the rain.  I paid some bills.  I did some work in the camper.  I sharpened knives.  Lots of them.  All the home knives, the camper's knives, my fish filleting knives, my fishing tackle box knives, my fly fishing bag knife, my pocket knife.  I read.  I napped.

< sigh >  I hate rainy days !

Tuesday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, warm, humid.

This morning after pet dental and ear care, I sanitized and refilled the camper's freshwater holding tank.  In the afternoon we drove into town ( Keremeos ) with both vehicles, dropping the minivan off at a new auto service facility for brake service. 
I drove Joanne to the medical clinic and left her there for a doctor's appointment while
I ran errands in town.  First I picked up my repaired bicycle at the bicycle repair shop.  Then I went to the credit union to make a change to our monthly maintenance fee automatic debit.  WHEW ... long line up of fruit pickers waiting to cash their cherry picking cheques.  Must have been a lot of cherry picking going on this past long weekend.  Last stop before returning to pick up Joanne at the medical clinic was the insurance agency to pay our annual home insurance premium.  When I returned to the medical clinic an hour after I dropped her off ... < sigh > ... Joanne was still sitting in the waiting room.  Yeah ... typical for the Keremeos Clinic.  When she finally got to see the doctor, to review the mammogram results that the front desk had told her a few days ago were available, the doctor said that the front desk had made a mistake and the mammogram results were not yet available to him.  Yeah ... < fume > ... that's ****ing typical for the Keremeos Clinic !

Back at home we went to pick Saskatoons at our RV park's front gate.  WOW ... great crop !  Best Saskatoons in twelve years of living here !  And we'll probably be able to do another picking in another few days, if we're lucky.  Ozzie injured himself ( slightly, we hope ) when he jumped off the back of the truck to visit his friend Loki the Border Collie.  Joanne and I were standing in the bed of the truck picking berries, and Ozzie was in the bed of the truck munching on whatever berries dropped into the truck.

Wednesday ;
  Mostly sunny, very warm.

This afternoon we washed the camper.  And went to the swimming pool to do cardiac rehab exercises.  Walking back home from the swimming pool building we bumped into our neighbours / friends Bob and Christine, and their little Pomeranian Shelby.  We got to chatting and ended up sitting on their deck and visiting for over an hour.  By the time we got back home to prepare supper it was after 8 PM.

Thursday ;  Penticton


Sunny and very hot, temperature 95 F / 35 C while we were driving home from Penticton between 5 PM and 6 PM.

We spent the day in Penticton, running errands.  On the way to Penticton we stopped at the new auto repair facility in Keremeos, where the minivan is in for some service / repairs.  I viewed the repairs required, discussed pricing, and authorized the repairs.  In Penticton I took the truck for fluids and filter changes while Joanne was shopping at Wal-Mart. We went downtown to do some business at the Bank of Montreal.  We shopped for groceries at Superstore.  I shopped for a GPS at Staples, deciding on what I want, but not buying it yet.  We shopped at Dollar Tree and Dollarama.  I went to "All Hitches by Dr. Hook" to get some information on a "stinger" hitch extension that would allow me to tow a trailer while the camper is on the truck.  We shopped at Salvation Army Thrift Store and Value Village.  I went to the BC Liquor Store and bought a six pack of beer.  My annual allotment.  HA HA HA !  I don't drink much beer !

We were home about 6 PM.  I barbecued Rainbow Trout ( caught by me up north ) in a creamy dill sauce for supper.

Friday ;  Mix of sun and clouds, hot, humid, violent but brief thunderstorm around suppertime.

This afternoon we did an annual tedious chore, which took much longer than we had expected it would.  We cleaned all the cottonwood "fluff" and pollen and fir needles and other outdoor debris out from between the gazebo screens and wood framing using compressed air.  And a toothbrush.  And a dental tool.

Saturday ;
  Mix of sun and clouds, warm.

We went into town this morning to pick up the repaired minivan.  I returned home in the truck with Ozzie, while Joanne refilled our five gallon water jug and bought fresh produce before driving back home in the minivan.

This afternoon we harvested Saskatoons.  For the last time this year.  The Saskatoons are beginning to shrivel and dry.  I did some minor work in the camper and on my bicycle.  And I removed the hub caps and wheel liners from the truck in preparation for brake service next week.  We went to the swimming pool and did cardiac rehab exercises.  I barbecued excellent Dan-O-Cheeseburgers for supper.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment