Sunday, September 20, 2020

September 13 to 19, 2020

 Sunday ; <COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH>

Joanne went to Penticton this morning and spent the day running shopping errands. I stayed home and did some routine chores, unpacked some stuff from the camper, napped with the cat, etc.

Monday ; <COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH>

Difficult to breathe ! Staying indoors with doors and windows closed.

Wore our face masks on our early walk. Substituted a pool exercise session for our late walk. Worked on planning details of a nine day camping / fishing / mushroom hunting / foodie buying trip next month. In the evening did some obesity clinic “homework”.

Tuesday ; Warm, humid, smoky.

Joanne went into Keremeos to run some errands. I worked on the camper, doing some preventive maintenance and replenishment.

Wednesday ; Warm, humid, smoky.

I missed my weekly Similkameen River Wednesday fishing outing last week because we were at Otter Lake. I was planning to go fishing today but … decided that it would be too unhealthy for me to trudge all the way to my secret fishing spot and back in such thick wildfire smoke.

Joanne went into Keremeos to the Post Office to send a small package to her sister. As a favour to me. I sent some pet medications to my sister-in-law. And dealing with our local Post Office aggravates me !

We did an early walk before lunch and a pool exercise session before supper. I did more obesity clinic homework, creating a food and exercise diary using an “app” recommended by them. I repaired our toilet. Again ! I did some maintenance work in the camper. I disinfected and refilled the camper’s freshwater tank. While Joanne was in town I trimmed Emma’s claws. By myself ! Living dangerously !

Thursday ; Warm, humid, smoky.

Early walk. Late pool exercises. Joanne did laundry. I tried an interesting new recipe for supper ; Ukrainian Syrniki cottage cheese pancakes. Not a keeper !

Friday ; Warm, still smoky.

Routine day. Visited with our neighbour/friend Jeanine for most of the afternoon.

Saturday ; Heavy rain overnight, cloudy today, but no smoke, cool.

Another routine day. First time I had to wear long pants in a few months ! Watched a movie in the evening ; Being Canadian.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment