Sunday, September 27, 2020

September 20 to 26, 2020

 Sunday ; Sunny and warm, no wildfire smoke, a very nice fall day.

I went fishing this afternoon. I caught a large Rainbow Trout on my first cast. And … lost it just as I brought it to the net. <STOMP STOMP STOMP> DARN DARN DARN ! I fished for an hour and half and caught … <sigh> … nothing else ! My fishing success this summer has been pathetic !

Monday ; Overcast in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, warm.

I lost sleep last night thinking about “the one that got away”. So … I went fishing again today. I fished for two hours. I caught a small Rainbow Trout, but injured it removing the hook, so had to keep it. I caught a large Cutthroat Trout … WOO-HOO ! And I caught a large Mountain Whitefish, which I released.

Tuesday ; Mostly sunny and warm.

With rain expected to start tomorrow and last for about a week, I went fishing again today, third day in a row. Fishing has certainly been poor this year. Today I caught a Rainbow Trout and a Mountain Whitefish. I kept the Rainbow, released the Whitefish.

I “exercised” our small generator this afternoon. In the evening I did some obesity clinic homework. And prepared for the use of the sleep apnea test equipment I received from the sleep disorder clinic I was referred to by the obesity clinic.

On our early walk before lunch I had to stop Joanne from inadvertently stepping on a baby rattlesnake slithering across the road, probably seeking the warmth of the asphalt.  Joanne didn't see the baby rattlesnake on the road because she was looking at the dead mouse on the road.

Wednesday ; Gloomy, chilly, light rain starting in early afternoon. Goodbye, summer !

I did some fly fishing gear maintenance, since yesterday may be the last time this year that I go fly fishing in the Similkameen River. I did some preventive maintenance on the truck. From 5 PM to 6:30 PM I was on my first obesity clinic group Zoom meeting, a weekly activity for the next year, I think. The topic of tonight’s meeting, the first for all of the sixty participants, was “deciphering”/understanding our recent blood tests. Very informative ! Very educational !

Overnight I wore the sleep apnea test equipment. It was a bit bothersome, especially the too small finger pulse oximeter !

Thursday ; Mostly cloudy, cool, a bit windy.

Routine maintenance chores and preparation for fall. Obesity clinic homework. Paid some bills online. While on our late afternoon walk I had an opportunity to express my condolences to a neighbour whose husband died of pancreatic cancer a few days ago. In the evening, using Shaw Direct’s BlueCurve streaming service, we watched a couple of old episodes of 90 Day Fiance that we had not seen before.

Friday ; Mix of sun and clouds, cool, windy.

This is the second day in a row that we have gone to the swimming pool to do an exercise session and were unable to because of a pool “malfunction” (A.K.A. a maintenance staff error). Yesterday the pool was overflowing, with rivers of water running over the pool deck to the drains in the floor. Today the pool water was very cold, much too cold to go in.

This evening we watched some YouTube videos done by a “senior” single male RV’er (YouTube name Slim Potatohead) who travels in a Jeep towing a small trailer. He boondocks most of the time, and his travel (and life) philosophies are similar to ours.

Saturday ; Partially sunny, mild.

A somewhat lazy, unproductive, routine day. Played around with a forgotten old MP3 player I found at the back of a desk drawer.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment