Friday, February 11, 2005

February 11, 2005

February 11, 2005

Lone Star Corral SKP Park, Hondo, Texas

DAY 238

 

Today was warm, with thin cloud cover.

Today was a day to rest and get caught up on chores a bit. We slept late. I had been up very late last night. This park has free Wi-Fi, so I stayed up late, working on the computer. I downloaded and processed the photos that I've taken in the last week or so that were still in the camera. Then I updated my blog, and attached photos. After getting up late, we unhitched the truck from the trailer, and Joanne took the truck to go grocery shopping in Hondo. I dug the printer out from the "pass-though" storage area under the trailer, and printed some documents. I wrote a letter to Ontario's Ministry Of Transportation. I returned 3 Ontario license plates to them in August for cancellation and refund, and haven't heard anything back from them. I updated my investment files. The stock market has done reasonably well from December 31 to February 10 ! I printed and reconciled January's bank statement for our personal account. I did some outside chores.

At 4:00 P.M. we went to social hour, then visited for quite awhile with our new friend Jim Shelton. We found out today that not only is he a paraplegic, but he's had an ileostomy / colostomy due to colitis. I'm quite inspired by a paraplegic, with a colostomy bag / no colon, living alone and travelling full time in an RV ! Some people's determination is unstoppable ! He sustained the injury which left him crippled while he was bicycling across the United States. We took Bo for a walk, over to Jim's rig to see it. I did not know that a couple of RV manufacturers produce travel trailers and motorhomes for wheelchairs. Jim has a Ford van, with wheelchair lift, towing a 24 foot travel trailer that has a side door wheelchair lift, and all elements of the interior have been engineered for someone in a wheelchair.

Just before supper, I took Bo for our daily obedience training session. We're making some progress. Again tonight, I barbecued for supper. I haven't been using the barbecue much lately because of the weather, and short days. I barbecued big, meaty, beef ribs, which are more readily available here than we're used to finding. Texas likes its beef ! And barbecues !

Late in the evening we went for a walk back to Jim's. He had asked for our card with our e-mail address. I was just going to leave the card inside his van, buthe was still up and heard me slam his van door. He invited us in for freshly baked brownies. We visited for awhile, but Bo wasn't behaving particularly well.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment