Sunday, February 27, 2005

February 25, 2005

February 25, 2005

Dream Catcher SKP Park, Deming, New Mexico

DAY 252

 

Well, the weather wasn't as bad today as had been forecasted, but we stayed here for another day anyway. I was really sick with a colitis flare up that started yesterday and got much worse today. The weather was cold and cloudy.

I spent the morning alternating between the bathroom, and at my computer desk, working on my investment files. Yesterday on Wi-Fi, and with a couple of phone calls to my investment broker in Ottawa, I retrieved all the updated information I needed to do today's work on the investments. They've done well since the beginning of the year. Let's hope for continued market strength. Since we started this adventure 8 months ago, our "nest egg" has grown faster than we've spent it. That's the way it needs to be for us to continue this lifestyle on a long term basis.

I spent the afternoon alternating between the bathroom, and bed. I was quite sick today. This colitis flare up is slightly worse than average. It started yesterday, so I started taking my Pentasa medication yesterday. When I start taking Pentasa early in a colitis attack, I can usually limit it to a 3 day duration, but since today was quite severe, who knows ? Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. My body couldn’t moderate its temperature today, either. I alternated between feeling like I was freezing, and sweltering. And as always, a colitis attack leaves me feeling very drained of energy. I read and snoozed with Bo a lot. Dogs always seem ready for a snooze.

Of course, in retrospect, I shouldn’t have aggravated Mr. Colon with that chili dinner last night. But ... you know ... when in Rome ... ! It was a good opportunity to experience a Southwestern specialty !

All in all, not a day for travelling. Back on the road tomorrow.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment