Thursday, February 24, 2005

February 23, 2005

February 23, 2005

Dream Catcher SKP Park, Deming, New Mexico

DAY 250

 

Today was unusual, from a weather perspective. It changed hourly throughout the day. It started out sunny and warm, then it rained, was sunny and hot, had a thunder storm, was sunny and hot again, had a hail storm, was sunny and hot again, rained lightly, and so on.

Today was a lazy day of resting and chores. I slept late, then spent way too much time trying to connect to the park's 8 day old Wi-Fi system. I finally gave up, went to the club house, and connected by dial-up. I updated my blog, retrieved my MasterCard bill, then sent and retrieved a backlog of e-mail. After lunch, we went into town to do some shopping, and get the oil changed in Dee-Dee. When we got back, I did my daily obedience training session with Bo. He's progressing well, finally. I paid some bills, took care of some printing, prepared some outgoing mail, did some accounting, ... ho-hum ... boring stuff. This evening I was finally able to connect to Wi-Fi. Darn ! After I connected by dial-up for at least half an hour at 10 cents a minute this afternoon.

I found out why the ranches in Texas and New Mexico are so large. It takes between 150 and 200 acres of this scrubby land to support each head of cattle grazing. A 15,000 acre ranch is only good for 75 to 100 head of cattle !

There's a bunch of bad storms heading this way across Arizona from California. Maybe we'll stay here for a few days and ride it out, rather then driving into them.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment