Thursday, February 24, 2005

February 24, 2005

February 24, 2005

Dream Catcher SKP Park, Deming, New Mexico

DAY 251

 

Today was cold, cloudy, and very windy. The weather was the news topic of the day. Storms have blown in from the west, from California. The upper half of New Mexico is getting heavy snow. The lower half of New Mexico is getting such heavy rain that roads are being closed due to flooding. We're in the southwest portion of the state, with Mexico to the south, and Arizona to the west. We haven't had much rain today, but it is cold and windy. California has had a lot of rain in the last few days. We're going to stay here for a couple more days, until the weather improves.

We slept late again today. I did regular preventive maintenance this morning, then phoned my investment broker in Ottawa for the first of two times today. I was finally able to get connected to Wi-Fi, so I spent much of this afternoon working on my investment files. I read for awhile, and worked on repairing a broken shelf in the trailer. I copied a CD to send to my brother-in-law ( SSSSSHHHHH ! ! ! ). I responded to a bunch of e-mails.

Late in the afternoon we headed to the club house for a communal chili dinner. WHEW ! They sure do like their chili hot and spicy down here. After dinner, we spent the evening chatting with a couple from Pennsylvania who are travelling in the opposite direction from us, so they have just come from California and Arizona. They are "dog people" with a couple of dachshunds, so we mostly chatted about pets and pet issues.

We returned to the trailer to watch The Apprentice. It's forecast to be below freezing tonight, so after walking Bo at bed time I disconnected the outside water supply hose and turned on the "Artic ( sic ) Pack" system on the trailer, which heats the fresh water and waste water holding tanks, and "basement" storage compartments.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment