Sunday, January 7, 2018

December 31, 2017 to January 6, 2018

Sunday ;  New Year's Eve

Cloudy and cold.

With all the snow we have had lately,  I suppose it is a little more difficult for the local eagles to find prey.  As we were walking with Ozzie, a Bald Eagle soared slowly down over us, and slowly circled right above us, obviously wondering whether the little red sweatered creature below was edible.  Don't do it, Mr. Eagle ... he's probably too heavy for you to lift.  HA HA HA !

I did some artwork rearranging.  And some year end financial analysis work.  And ... you know ... napping !  Joanne baked a leg of lamb for supper, which we ate while watching "Star Trek ; The Movie".  WOW !  Dated !  We were surprised at how "primitive" special effects were in 1979.

Monday ;  HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sunny and cold.  Today I did my cardiac rehabilitation substitute exercise session seven of seven at Riverside RV Park Resort.  My Wednesday session will be back at the cardiac rehabilitation program in Penticton, re-opened after the holidays.  I am a good boy for having stuck to my seven substitute sessions commitment over the holidays.  In the evening I worked on year end investment updates and annual analyses.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and cold.

Today I collected all the oversize shirts and sweaters Joanne obtained for me to wear immediately after my return home following triple bypass surgery three months ago, and prepared them for donation to the Salvation Army in Penticton tomorrow.  I successfully repaired my broken WaterPik.  There was no "downside" to dismantling it and attempting repair.  It was either fix it or discard it.  I continued working on year end investment updates and annual analyses.

Wednesday ;  Penticton

Sunny and cold.  We left home about 11:45 AM heading for Penticton.  We ran errands in Penticton until it was time for me to go to my cardiac rehabilitation fitness session
( four of thirty ) at 2 PM.  While I was there Joanne went to Superstore to do our weekly grocery shopping.  She picked me up at 3:45 PM and we finished our errands with a shopping trip to Wal-Mart.  We left Penticton about 5 PM and were home about 6 PM.

WOO-HOO !  Season premiere of Amazing Race tonight !

Thursday ;  Cloudy and cold.

Made some "business" phone calls this morning.  Set up appointments for dental cleanings in Penticton in about a month.  Cost will be approximately four times what we pay in Los Algodones, Baja California, Mexico.  And that takes into account the Penticton dentist's seniors' discount and first time patients' discount.

Clipped Ozzie's nails and trimmed some hair ... < ahem > ... from strategic locations.  Brushed Emma.  What a lovely cat !  Today is the one year anniversary of the day we brought her home as a "foster".  Weighed her today.  Her weight has increased 50% in the year that we've had her !  From seven pounds to ten and a half pounds.  And she could still stand to gain about another pound and a half.

In the evening, I worked on prescription medication "accounting" and records keeping, and more year end investment work.

Friday ;  Penticton


Freezing rain overnight.  < sigh >  We woke up this morning to find the minivan ( and everything else ) coated in ice.

We left for Penticton around 12:45 PM.  We arrived at my cardiac rehabilitation program on time at 2 PM.  Joanne went to run errands for two hours while I was at my fitness session.  The two occupational  therapists working the program today increased my fitness machine settings significantly today.  WHEW !  Tough workout !  I'm tired and sore !  Joanne picked me up at 4 PM and we made a brief shopping stop at London Drugs before heading home.  After melting and becoming slushy earlier in the day the roads were re-freezing as we drove home in the dark.  We arrived home around 5:30 PM.

Saturday ;
  Cloudy, temperature slightly above freezing, snow melting slowly.

This morning when we were walking Ozzie around the park our neighbour / friend Jeanine invited us in for a brief visit.  She has just returned from a two week visit with her daughter and granddaughter in North Vancouver.

This afternoon I did a teensy bit of preventive maintenance work on the minivan.  And
I worked on compiling and summarizing our 2017 medical related expenses for income tax purposes.  < whispering >  And I made a restaurant reservation for Joanne's upcoming birthday.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment