Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 14 to 20, 2018

Sunday ;  Cloudy, temperature just above freezing during the day, misty freezing rain late in the evening < sigh >.

We invited our neighbour / friend Jeanine over for supper.  I cooked Lake Winnipeg Pickerel for supper, one of my specialties.

Monday ;  Penticton

Cloudy, very low ceiling, thick fog around Yellow Lake when we were driving to Penticton, temperature slightly above freezing, snow melting.

After an early lunch we headed to Penticton for my ninth of thirty cardiac rehabilitation fitness sessions.  While I was at the gym Joanne went Wal-Martin'.

Tuesday ;  Cloudy, temperature above freezing, wet snow falling.

We trimmed Emma's claws today.  YIKES !  Sharp !  I downloaded, filled out, and printed 2017 IRS 8840 forms for both of us today.  < sigh >  I dislike that annual chore.

Wednesday ;  Penticton ; HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY TO JOANNE'S NIECE MADELEINE


Cloudy, melting.

At 1 PM we headed to Penticton for my cardiac rehabilitation fitness session ten of thirty at 2 PM.  While I was there Joanne ran errands, picking me up when finished at 4 PM.  We were back home at 5 PM.  After supper we watched Amazing Race.

Thursday ;  Penticton


Sunny, melting.  After lunch we headed to Penticton ... again !  We ran a couple of errands, refilled the minivan with fuel, then headed to Landmark Cinemas to attend a "foreign art" film, part of the Kitchen Stove Film Series, Penticton's "foreign art" film festival.  We've always enjoyed attending the monthly "foreign art" film at the Historic Yuma Theater, so decided we might as well give the Kitchen Stove Film Series in Penticton a try.  And we're glad we did.  Today's film was "The Other Side Of Hope" from Finland, and we quite enjoyed it.

The movie was from 4 PM to 6 PM.  We refilled our five gallon water jug in Keremeos on the way home, and were back home by 7:15 PM.

Friday ;  Penticton

We were awakened by the sound of a truck behind our house at 5 AM.  HUH ?  Why is there a truck on the laneway behind our house at 5 AM ? ? ?  It was our previous next door neighbour Marcie's son, arriving in the middle of the night.  He must have left his Lower Mainland ( Vancouver area ) home after midnight.  He was here to unload more of his mother's stuff from the house.  He came over ... and woke us up for a second time ! ... at 8:20 AM, to apologize for waking us up ... the first time at 5 AM ! ... and "whine" about the flooding and extensive water damage in Marcie's home caused by a toilet tank that froze, cracked, then thawed.  Well, pal ... tell someone who gives a tiny rat's ass !  We told you more than three months ago that your mother's home required "winterization" to be left vacant over the winter.

After brunch we left for our fourth trip to Penticton this week !  In Penticton I went to a medical laboratory and had blood drawn for tests ordered by my cardiologist.  Then
I went to my ( eleventh of thirty ) cardiac rehabilitation fitness session and Joanne went grocery shopping at Superstore.  I started about a half hour before my scheduled start time of 2:15 PM, so I was finished a bit early, around 3:30 PM.  We were home by
4:30 PM.  Oh, boy   ... the entire drive home was in daylight !

Saturday ;  Partially sunny, temperature hovering around freezing.

This afternoon I ordered some theatre tickets online, for two different plays, both in Oliver, one next month, and one in April.  Joanne did a lot of laundry.  I did some preventive maintenance on the minivan.  And I reviewed the package of documents we received from our southern home, Kofa Ko-op RV Park in Yuma, Arizona.  It's AGM time soon.  Time to vote on proposals and board members.

I can't help but notice ... and comment on ... how much more simple and straightforward ... and civilized ... the political process is at Kofa Ko-op RV Park in Yuma, Arizona than at Riverside RV Park Resort in Keremeos, BC.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment