Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 7 to 13, 2018

Sunday ;  Cloudy, temperature slightly above freezing, windy.

We examined Ozzie's mouth today, fifteen days after his oral surgery.  Healing seems to be progressing well, although it looks like the veterinarian not only had to remove twenty-five teeth, but some infected gum tissue as well.  Poor Ozzie !  But ... the
dental / mouth problems are solved now !

Joanne spent much of the afternoon dealing with her apple problem.  She had apples stored inside the camper.  They froze !  And today she had to make apple sauce with them.  A lot of apple sauce !  She also made turkey soup with the Christmas turkey's carcass and bones.  And she did a lot of laundry.  I helped by ... trimming my beard, reading and, of course, napping.  HA HA HA !

Monday ;  Penticton


Cloudy, temperature above freezing, snow melting.  After an early lunch we left for Penticton.  While I was at my cardiac rehabilitation fitness session from 2 PM to 4 PM Joanne ran errands in Penticton.  We were back home shortly after 5 PM.

Tuesday ;  Cloudy, temperature slightly above freezing, some wet snow falling briefly in the afternoon.

We gave Ozzie a bath this afternoon.

Wednesday ;  Penticton


Sunny early in the day, cloudy later, temperature slightly above freezing.

After an early lunch we left for Penticton.  I had an appointment with my cardiologist ... at the cardiac rehabilitation gym.  Before my fitness session.  My cardiologist is sort of the "godfather" of Penticton's cardio pulmonary rehabilitation programs and this fitness gym.  And he comes to the gym on a regular basis and meets his patients, by appointment, to deal with any problems / concerns they have.  How convenient !  After meeting with my cardiologist, I did my regular two hour session of carefully supervised fitness program.  WHEW !  My "trainer" / physiotherapist today really pushed my limits.  I'm tired and sore tonight.

After running some errands in Penticton for a couple of hours Joanne picked me up at the gym and we ran a couple more errands before returning home to have supper ... and watch Amazing Race.




Thursday ;  Heavy snowfall all day, forcing a cancellation of our day's plans to go into town ( Keremeos ) to run some errands.

Friday ;  Penticton


We spent much of the morning shovelling a lot of snow.  After an early lunch we headed into Keremeos and ran the errands postponed from yesterday.  We refilled our five gallon water jug, then while I took a new prescription form to the pharmacy Joanne went to the credit union to buy coinage.  From Keremeos we drove into Penticton.  I went to my cardiac rehabilitation fitness program while Joanne ran more errands.  She picked me up at 4 PM.  We drove back to Keremeos, I picked up my new prescription at the pharmacy, and we were back home by 5:15 PM.

Saturday ;
  Sunny early in the day, cloudy later, temperature around freezing.

Our neighbour / friend Jeanine baked some cookies for me today.  Thank you.  I did some work on annual medical expense and prescription accounting, as well as some year end investments records keeping and analysis.  And ... you know ... had a long nap in the afternoon.

Lamb roast for supper.  Then ... LIVE ... FROM NEW YORK ... ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment