Sunday, January 28, 2018

January 21 to 27, 2018

Sunday ;  Overcast, cold wind blowing, temperature around freezing.

We had a lazy day.  By design.  I prepared our Kofa Ko-op AGM ballots for return by mail.  I did some routine weekly investments updating and analysis.  I watched a bit of the Barrett-Jackson annual auto auction on TV, as I have done daily for the last few days.  I posted my weekly journal to my blog.  We went for a couple of walks with Ozzie.

I wonder if I should "retire" my blog ?  Or am I just suffering from winter depression / "seasonal affective disorder" / S.A.D.?  I spent some time late this afternoon planning some summer travel adventures.  That cheered me up a bit.  However, my spirits crashed again when I learned, late in the evening, of the death of my childhood friend, neighbour,  and mid-teen years "partner-in-crime".  < sigh >  Farewell and Godspeed, Ernie.

Monday ;  Penticton

Sunny, temperature around freezing.

Joanne invited our neighbour / friend Jeanine to join her for a couple of hours of shopping at Value Village in Penticton while I attended my cardiac rehabilitation fitness session twelve of thirty.  We left home at 1 PM, picked Jeanine up at her home, and headed to Penticton.  While I was at my fitness session from 2 PM until 3:45 PM, Joanne and Jeanine enjoyed their time at Value Village's 50% off sale day.  Joanne refilled the minivan with fuel on her way back to pick me up at the gym.  AND ... she splashed fuel on her coat, and now it stinks !

They picked me up at the gym, and ... < sigh > ... we returned to Value Village.  Joanne was insistent that I look at a coat she thought I might want.  < sigh >  It didn't fit me.  Jeanine invited us to have "early bird" dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant.  Her treat !  We accepted.  Thank you for dinner, Jeanine.  We finished dinner around 6 PM and were back home around 7 PM.

Tuesday ;  Overcast, cold.

Checked and treated Ozzie's ears.  Again !  Checked and brushed Ozzie's ( remaining few ) teeth.  First time !  Went okay.  Good dog, Ozzie.  Did some minor home maintenance.

Wednesday ;  Penticton

Very strange weather today.  Cloudy at home at Riverside RV Park Resort.  Drizzle at Keremeos village.  Heavy snowfall / blizzard conditions around Yellow Lake and Twin Lakes.  Heavy rain in Penticton.

We left for Penticton at 1 PM.  While I was at my cardiac rehabilitation fitness program from 2 PM to 3:45 PM Joanne ran some errands in Penticton.  We were back home around 5 PM.  In the evening we watched a two hour episode of Amazing Race.

Thursday ;  Sunny.  Freezing rain overnight.  Everything coated in ice this morning.  Tough to walk the dog.  All melted by noon.

Fabricated a new cat litter box "wall" today.  Did the sawing work in the living room, because ... it's winter !  Made a mess !  Reconciled and paid the monthly MasterCard bill.  YIKES !

Friday ;  Penticton

A little bit of sunshine in the morning.  A little bit of snow late in the afternoon.

We left at 1 PM for Penticton.  Joanne ran errands while I was at cardiac rehabilitation fitness from 2 PM to 3:45 PM.  Afterwards we went to T-Bones, a specialty butcher shop to buy some advertised specials.  Then to Canadian Tire to buy some canned cat food, another advertised special.

After supper, while I was doing today's credit card accounting ... HUH ?  What do you mean Ozzie's bag of dog food cost $93 ? ? ?  GEEEEEZZZZZ ... no wonder pet food store owners are rich !  HA HA HA !

Saturday ;  Overcast.  Temperature around freezing.  So what else is new ? ! ?

This morning we flushed out Ozzie's left ear.  He has chronic ear infections, and I have been unable to completely clear out the problem in his left ear for ... < thinking > ... nine months !  So ... hence the ear flush, a technique I have never done on a dog before.  Seemed to work okay.  And my expectation that "gunk" would flush out of his ear was ... not met !  No gunk !  So ... tomorrow I'll clean the ear AGAIN ...and administer antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, analgesic ear drops AGAIN !

This afternoon I remounted a shower head mounting bracket in the shower stall.  I had installed a new mounting bracket shortly after my surgery, to accommodate my sitting showers, using a very strong automotive moulding double sided tape.  And I completed an online survey undertaken by the B.C. provincial government, on an upcoming referendum ( next November ) on electoral reform in British Columbia.  Maintain "First Past The Post" or convert to one of the many "Proportional Representation" systems that exist within the context of democracy ?

In the evening Joanne baked a birthday cake for herself. Seems to be something wrong with that picture, n'est-ce-pas ?  HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment