Sunday, February 4, 2018

January 28 to February 3, 2018

Sunday ;  Penticton ;  HAPPY 64th BIRTHDAY TO JOANNE

Yes ... I will still need you !  Yes ... I will still feed you !

And to prove it ... this morning I made pancakes for brunch.  Joanne loooooves my fluffy pancakes, one of my cooking specialties, learned from my Aunt Lena when I spent my summers working on her farm as a teenager.

After brunch and a walk with Ozzie, I decorated the birthday cake Joanne baked for herself last night.  We cleaned and treated Ozzie's infected left ear.  Can't seem to eliminate the last vestiges of infection !  Poor Ozzie.  Hang in there, we'll keep trying.

At 5 PM we left for yet another trip to Penticton.  We're now going to Penticton a minimum of three, often four times per week.  We stopped in Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug.  In Penticton we refilled the minivan with fuel before heading to La Casa Ouzeria for Joanne's birthday dinner.  It was our first time at this upscale Greek restaurant.  Good food, good service, fine wine, nice ambience.  Too bad they forgot that it was Joanne's birthday !  As I had advised them when I made the reservation !  I'm too critical to be forgiving of those kind of fumbles.  I regret the tip that I left.  I should have reduced it to reflect my displeasure.  Oh, well !  I suppose the good food and good service were worth it.

We were back home around 9:20 PM.  After we walked Ozzie I presented Joanne with her decorated and candle lit birthday cake, and a birthday card I created on the computer this afternoon.

Happy Birthday, my love !

Monday ; Penticton ;  post-operative 4 months

Overcast, temperature above freezing, snow melting.

We left for Penticton at 1 PM.  As we approached the South Okanagan Events Centre, where my cardiac rehabilitation fitness gym is located, we ran into traffic gridlock.  Because ... this week the South Okanagan Events Centre is also the home of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, Canada's women's curling national championship.

While I was at the gym from 2 PM until 3:45 PM Joanne ran errands in Penticton, including doing our main weekly shopping trip at Superstore.  She picked me up at the gym and we were home by 5 PM.

Immediately upon arriving back home we took Ozzie for a walk.  We were surprised by how much snow had melted, and how little remains.




Tuesday ;  Mostly cloudy, temperature above freezing.

Busy day with Ozzie today.  This morning we brushed his ( few remaining ) teeth, then cleaned and treated his infected left ear again.  Now there's gunk coming out of it, a few days after I flushed it.  Early this afternoon we gave him a haircut.  Oh my goodness !  What a lot of long, thick hair he had !  And ... < sputter > ... he's a much smaller dog than we thought he was.  HA HA HA ! He's lost six ( of thirty-three ) pounds in the four months that we have had him, and while he could still stand to lose a few more pounds, now that his hair is cut off, he looks much trimmer than we thought he was.  We were afraid to give him a haircut because of cold weather, but we now realize his hair grows very fast, and very thick, and gets very matted ! ! !  We will have to give him a haircut every three months, and keep his hair shorter.

Late this afternoon we gave him a bath.  Before watching Trump's State Of The Union address.  < sigh >  He's still disgusting !  Trump, not Ozzie !



Wednesday ;  Penticton


Set our alarm for 5:15 AM so that I could get up and view ( from the deck off our living room ) the total lunar eclipse at 5:30 AM.  A once in a lifetime opportunity ; blue moon, super moon, blood moon !  Kind of threw my body clock out of whack for the rest of the day, though.

Headed to Penticton at 1 PM for my sixteenth of thirty cardiac rehabilitation fitness sessions from 2 PM to 3:45 PM.  As always, Joanne ran shopping errands while I was at the gym.  She now does our weekly errands in Penticton a couple of hours at a time, three times a week, while I am at the gym, instead of one long, hard day per week running errands in Penticton.  After my fitness session I took the minivan to Great Canadian Oil Change for ... an oil change, of course !  We were back home around 5:15 PM.

We worked together to cook a veal schnitzel dinner which we ate while watching Amazing Race.

Thursday ;  Overcast.  Temperature slightly above freezing.  Heavy snowfall late in the evening.  DARN !

I did some minor maintenance work in the house, and on the minivan.  I downloaded and analyzed the year end statements of our guaranteed income funds ( somewhat like annuities ).

Friday ;  Penticton

Overcast.  Last night's snow melting.

Shortly before leaving for Penticton I walked into the living room to find Emma and Ozzie sitting close together near the French doors leading to the deck off the living room.  AND ... < sputter > ... Ozzie was enthusiastically licking the top of Emma's head.  Who was sitting there looking quite enraptured.  HA HA HA HA HA !  Well ... that was new !

On our way to Penticton the minivan "check engine" light came on.  DARN !  The traffic jam leading to the South Okanagan Events Centre, due to the Scotties Tournament Of Hearts, created such gridlock that I got out of the car and walked to the gym from quite a distance away.  Joanne shopped at Superstore and refilled the minivan with fuel while I was at my cardiac rehabilitation session.  She picked me up at the gym and we went shopping at T-Bones Fresh Meal Market again, for more advertised specials.  We bought rather expensive halibut burgers and had them for supper.  MMMMM ... worth the cost !

Saturday ;  Oliver and Osoyoos

Overcast.  Raining in the evening.

After an early lunch we left home around noon headed for Oliver.  We attended a SOAP ( South Okanagan Amateur Players ) performance of the Norm Foster play "Old Love" at Frank Venables Theatre.  I liked the play.  Joanne didn't.  After the play we did a bit of grocery shopping at No Frills in Oliver before driving to Osoyoos for an early dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant.  We wanted to try a new restaurant.  It was ... not very good !  Oh, well ... at least we got to try a new restaurant.

Driving home from Osoyoos in the dark in the rain was difficult and unpleasant.  We spent the evening watching the quarter-finals of the Scotties Tournament Of Hearts and Saturday Night Live.  The quarter-final game of the women's curling championship was ... Manitoba versus Manitoba Wild Card.  Manitoba won.  Too bad ... I was cheering for Manitoba Wild Card.

Gee ... Manitoba produces great curlers !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment