Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 11 to 16, 2018

Sunday ;  Sunny and cold.

We had our neighbour / friend Jeanine over for a roasted leg of lamb supper. 
MMMMM !

Monday ;  Sunny and cold.

Today was a provincial holiday in British Columbia, so ... the cardiac rehabilitation program in Penticton was closed for the day.  SO ... I went to the fitness room in our swimming pool building and did cardiac rehabilitation work with Joanne as my exercise companion.  While we worked in the fitness room Joanne also did laundry.  When I was finished exercising and while Joanne was finishing the laundry I went to our
neighbour / friend Jeanine's to reprogram her satellite TV remote control.

In the afternoon and evening I did some real estate online research and we watched the Olympics on TV.

Tuesday ;  Mardi Gras

Cloudy, cold, windy.

I had a slightly lazy day.  Well ... I suppose most of my "at home" days are slightly lazy.  This one was more lazy than usual.  HA HA HA !  Joanne went into Keremeos to run some errands.

This morning when I cleaned and treated Ozzie's infected left ear it looked cleaner than it has been at any point in the last nine months.  WOO-HOO !  Maybe I have finally defeated the infection ? ! ?

Wednesday ;  Valentine's  Day ;  Penticton


A few inches of snow fell overnight.  DARN !  The previous snow had all melted.

After an early lunch we left for Penticton shortly after noon.  I had an appointment with my cardiologist at the cardiac rehabilitation gym before my fitness session.  While I was at the gym from 1:15 PM until 3:30 PM Joanne ran errands in Penticton.  I saw my cardiologist then did my fitness session.  Twenty-one done, nine to go.  Joanne picked me up at 3:30 PM and we drove to Keremeos where I dropped off a new prescription order at the pharmacy.  We were back at home around 5 PM.

We walked Ozzie, watched the news, watched "9-1-1", then had supper while watching the Canada versus USA Olympics women's hockey game.  WOW !  Close game !  Canada won, but didn't really deserve the win.  They were outplayed by the Americans.  After the hockey game we watched a two hour episode of Amazing Race.

Thursday ;  Penticton

Sunny, temperature around freezing.

We left home at 2 PM headed for Penticton.  We stopped in Keremeos where I picked up a new prescription at the pharmacy.  In Penticton we went to Landmark Cinemas where we were attending the Kitchen Stove Film Festival presentation of the movie Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool.  I liked the movie.  The lady seated on my left ( not
Joanne ) ... and I ... cried for the last fifteen minutes of the movie.  Joanne didn't !  HA HA HA !  Obviously I thought it was a more powerful film than Joanne did.

After the movie ended at 6 PM we went for dinner to Shades On Main, a family diner style restaurant.  Food was good, prices were a bit high.  We were back home at 8 PM and spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics.

Friday ;  Penticton

Mostly cloudy, temperature slightly above freezing.  Except for the zero visibility ice pellet blizzard from Kaleden to Penticton airport as we were driving to my cardiac rehabilitation program.

We left home about 1 PM, arriving at the South Okanagan Events Centre at 2 PM.  Joanne ran grocery shopping and banking errands while I was at the gym until 4 PM.  She picked me up and we were back home at 5 PM.  We ate supper while watching the Olympics men's hockey game between Canada and Czech Republic.  AWWWWW ... Canada lost !

Saturday ;  Cloudy, snow falling early in the day.

This morning at 11 AM we took Ozzie for a walk to the other side of our RV park, to visit with a neighbour that we don't really know.  Yesterday she offered to put a "button hole" in the top of Ozzie's sweater to facilitate hooking his leash to the "D" ring on his harness underneath the sweater.  We visited with her Persian cat Bonnie while she sewed the button hole into Ozzie's sweater, a job that we thought would take about ten minutes, but ... took an hour and forty-five minutes ... < raising eyebrows > !

After a late lunch and a nap for me we headed to the swimming pool building.  While Joanne did laundry I did cardiac rehabilitation exercises in the swimming pool.  About halfway through my exercises Joanne joined me.  After exercising we soaked for awhile in the hot tub, then returned home to walk Ozzie just before it got dark.

During and after supper we watched some Olympics coverage on TV.  Joanne was very tired and went to bed around 9:30 PM.  HMPH !  Half a cardiac rehabilitation exercise session and she's exhausted.  HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment