Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 18 to 24, 2018

Sunday ;  Overcast, very cold !

We slept late this morning.  Then ... I napped after lunch.  HA HA HA !  Tough life, but ... < shrug > ... you know !

Monday ;  Penticton

Sunny and cold.

At 1 PM we left for Penticton, and my twenty-third of thirty cardiac rehabilitation fitness sessions.  While I was at the gym Joanne ran shopping errands at Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree.  She picked me up at 3:45 PM and we went to Rona to buy one item before returning home.  We spent the evening watching Olympics coverage.

Tuesday ;  Sunny and very cold.

When we cleaned and treated Ozzie's ears this morning the stubborn infection in his left ear seems to finally be cleared.  Let's hope we can keep it at bay.  This afternoon
I recaulked the shower enclosure, with lots of assistance from Joanne.  Thank you, my dear.  I currently ( and perhaps permanently ) lack some of the flexibility needed to contort around inside the shower enclosure, trying to caulk the bottom.

Wednesday ;  Penticton

Low overcast, gloomy, very cold.

We left for Penticton at 1 PM, for my twenty-fourth cardiac rehabilitation session.  Six more to go !  Joanne ran errands while I was at the gym.  As always.  She picked me up at 3:45 PM and we were home at 4:45 PM.  She made me my favourite meal for supper tonight, and we watched the two hour season finale of Amazing Race ... AND ... we watched the women's gold medal hockey game between Canada and USA.  < sigh >

After returning home from Penticton I did more caulking in the shower enclosure. 
< sigh >  We discovered this morning that there was still a leak, probably from somewhere around the lower shower head mounting bracket that I installed when
I needed to have "sit down" showers after my cardiac bypass surgery.

Thursday ;
  Sunny, very cold.

This morning Joanne drove into Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug.  I had to stay home to ... you know ... nap with the animals.  HA HA HA !  I provided my first trailer towing quote of 2018 today, which might result in my first trailer towing job of 2018 next week, and my first trailer towing job since cardiac bypass surgery.

This afternoon our neighbour / friend Jeanine came over with her little dog Charlie so that I could trim Charlie's nails.  She paid for my dog nail trimming service with a bag of home made peanut butter cookies.  MMMMM !  And for the third day in a row I caulked inside our shower enclosure, trying to eliminate a leak.

Friday ;  Penticton

Poor visibility, blowing snow, cold.  Tough driving conditions !

On the way to my ( twenty-fifth of thirty ) cardiac rehabilitation session I went to a medical laboratory to have blood drawn for tests, then to Rona to buy more caulking for the shower enclosure  < sigh >.  I did my fitness work while Joanne went grocery shopping at Superstore.  We were back home by 5 PM.

Saturday ;  Penticton


Sunny, temperature just above freezing.

At 11 AM we picked up our neighbour / friend Jeanine and headed to Penticton to attend the OneWorld Festival, a young ( this was its fifth year ) multicultural event, showcasing food and entertainment from many different countries.  Sort of like a very miniature version of Winnipeg's Folklorama.  We wandered around the cultural displays for a couple of hours, and had interesting foods from Jamaica, Greece, China, Nepal and Syria for lunch while we were there.  We were back home around 4 PM.

After a brief nap I resumed / continued caulking in our shower enclosure, still trying to eliminate a leak  < sigh >.  In the evening I watched the Olympic men's hockey gold medal game.

Today we learned of the death of our neighbour Betty's husband Dave, who has lived for the last few years in an Alzheimer's patients' care facility in Keremeos village.  Farewell, Dave.  Rest in peace.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment