Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 4 to 10, 2018

Sunday ;  Overcast, snow melting.

This afternoon Joanne wanted to visit our neighbour / friend Jeanine while she
( Joanne ) was doing laundry.  We were going to walk over there with Ozzie, but it was raining, so we drove over in the minivan.  We came out of our warm house, into the cold outdoors, into our minivan, drove to Jeanine's, out of the minivan back into the cold outdoors, then into Jeanine's warm house.  Where Ozzie promptly peed on the living room floor !

< sigh >  Note to self ; always allow dog to relieve himself before climbing into car ... or other people's homes !

Around 3 PM I left Joanne visiting Jeanine and walked home with Ozzie.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and into the evening flipping channels back and forth, simultaneously watching both the Super Bowl and the Scotties Tournament Of Hearts women's curling championship.  Where once again Manitoba faced Manitoba Wild Card.  And once again, Manitoba won.

After both games were finished, we watched This Is Us while eating supper.

Monday ;  Penticton

Overcast ... intermittent light rain.

We drove both vehicles to Penticton.  On the way there we stopped in Keremeos to refill our five gallon water jug, and I bought a U.S.$ money order at the Post Office.  In Penticton we dropped off the minivan at Westech Automotive to have the "check engine" light diagnosed.  We drove the truck to the South Okanagan Events Centre and while I spent a couple of hours at the cardiac rehabilitation program Joanne took the truck and went shopping at Wal-Mart and Safeway.  She picked me up at 3:30 PM and we returned to Westech Automotive.  OH ... with a short stop on the way, at Tim Horton's, so that Joanne could use a "buy one doughnut get another free" coupon. 
< rolling my eyes >

The minivan requires a fairly simple but quite expensive repair.  < sigh >  Story of my life !  We left the minivan at Westech Automotive to be repaired over the next couple of days, and we returned home in the truck.

Tuesday ;  Intermittent light rain.

Today was a day of routine pet care and home maintenance chores.

Wednesday ;  Penticton

Overcast.  Intermittent light rain.  Today was a long, tiring day in Penticton.

We left home at 10 AM heading for a dentist in Penticton that we have not seen before.  We both had dental cleanings, scheduled one after the other.  My cleaning ( and examination by the dentist ) took quite a bit longer than I had expected.  The cleaning was satisfactory.  Too bad the rather old hygienist had body odour !  By the time my cleaning was finished there was not enough time left for me to wait for Joanne's cleaning to be finished.  While Joanne had her dental cleaning I left to go to my cardiac rehabilitation program.

When I was finished at the gym I picked up Joanne at Safeway, across the street from the dentist's office.  We went to Westech Automotive and picked up the repaired minivan.  We took both vehicles to be refilled with fuel then drove back home, arriving about 5:30 PM.

Late in the evening after supper we watched a two hour episode of Amazing Race.

My dental cleaning and examination cost about five times more than we pay in
Mexico !  Joanne's dental cleaning cost about three and a half times more than we pay in Mexico !

Thursday ;
  Sunny in the morning, cloudy and windy in the afternoon, ice pellets stinging us as we walked Ozzie around 5 PM.

Our neighbour / friend Jeanine and her little dog Charlie visited us this afternoon.  Afterwards I reconciled January's bank statements and investment account statements.

Friday ;  Penticton


Sunny and cold.

It is with sadness that we remember Bo today on what would have been his 14th birthday.

We left home shortly before 1 PM heading for Penticton and my twentieth of thirty cardiac rehabilitation sessions.  While I was at the gym Joanne went grocery shopping at Superstore and Safeway.  She picked me up at the gym at 4 PM and we went to Mark's Work Warehouse to make a purchase before heading home.  We arrived home at Riverside RV Park Resort at 5:30 PM.

After supper we watched the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Korea.

Saturday ;  Happy 69th Birthday to my sister Sharon

Sunny and cold.  It was nice to walk in sunshine !

I phoned my sister twice today to wish her Happy Birthday, but she wasn't home.  This afternoon we went to our park's swimming pool and practiced the series of pool exercises given to me yesterday by one of the cardiac rehabilitation program's physiotherapists.  These pool exercises might be part of my ongoing fitness program after the cardiac rehabilitation program.  Relaxing in the hot tub afterwards was pleasant.  First time I have been in the pool and hot tub since my surgery over four months ago.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment