Monday, October 11, 2004

October 11, 2004

October 11, 2004

The Pinery Provincial Park to Rondeau Provincial Park

DAY 116

 

Today is Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving !

Actually, I need to clarify that. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. We are going to have Thanksgiving twice this year. We will be working at YMCA Of The Ozarks on American Thanksgiving, so for the first time in my life, I need to specify Canadian or American Thanksgiving.

Recently, I was talking to an American ( in Elkhart, Indiana ) and mentioned that Canada and the United States celebrate Thanksgiving on different dates. He asked if Canadians celebrate Christmas on a different date than Americans ? ! ! DUH ... sure, Dave ... Canadian Christ was born on a different day than American Christ ! And the three wise men came by snowmobile !

Today we travelled about 150 km. south, all on back roads, through very picturesque rural area ; farms, ranches, forests. We moved from the eastern shore of Lake Huron to the northern shore of Lake Erie. We arrived at Rondeau Provincial Park late in the afternoon. There's not many campers here. The "weekenders" are gone home.

My 5 day old first application of fibreglass had not yet hardened. It remained "soggy". The fibreglass repair kit I bought was definitely missing the hardening compound. I scraped off the layer of fibreglass cloth and resin I had previously applied. What a gooey mess ! It was like trying to scrape spruce gum off the trailer. Tomorrow I'm going to drive to Blenheim and see if I can buy some fibreglass resin hardener.

Since we had Thanksgiving turkey dinner for my birthday yesterday, we didn't want to have turkey again today. Joanne made my favourite spaghetti recipe, while I sat at the end of the dock near our campsite, and fished in Rondeau Bay for half an hour. I didn't catch anything. Except perhaps some really great sunset photos.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment