Sunday, October 24, 2004

October 21, 2004

October 21, 2004

Branson, Missouri

DAY 126

 

A part of this adventure I really enjoy is experiencing "local flavour".

The first song I heard on the radio this morning was entitled "She thinks my tractor is sexy". The lyrics go something like this ;

She's not into cars

She's not into trucks

But if it "runs like a Deere"

Her eyes light up

While I'm typing this, Joanne is perusing an ad, and musing about whether or not we should buy some pickled watermelon rinds.

This morning, I went to the Post Office to buy some stamps. I asked the clerk for 10 stamps for letters to Canada. He said "OK ... but I only have flyers". I thought ... huh ? Does he mean air mail ? As I was thinking, he added "or doesn't it matter to you that all I have are stamps with flyers ?". I said " uuuuhhhh ... no ... it doesn't matter". So he sold me 10 stamps. And they do indeed have flyers on them. You know ... lilies, daisies, roses, etc., ... flyers !

At the theatre this afternoon I had a conversation that went like this ;

"Where y'all from ?"

"Canada"

"Where at ?"

"Winnipeg"

We went to see the afternoon performance of Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Mansion America Theatre. It was great ! A great performance of a great play in a great venue. We got tickets in the third row, just off centre.

We went to the theatre and bought our tickets this morning, then went exploring the Branson “strip”. Actually, Branson has 3 or 4 main “strips”. The city is built in the mountains, so there’s lots of up and down, and around. Quite an attractive city. Well ... except for the “strips”. It’s hard to describe those as attractive. It’s kind of like the Vegas of the Ozarks in that regard.

I was intrigued by, and chose for lunch, Ozark Mountain Smokehouse.

MMMM MMMM MMMM MMMM MMMM ! ! !

Good choice, Daniel !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment