Tuesday, October 12, 2004

October 12, 2004

October 12, 2004

Rondeau Provincial Park

DAY 117

 

Today is our 30th wedding anniversary ! Happy Anniversary to us !

Happy anniversary to ma petite ingenue. I love you, and cherish you, more each day.

Hard to believe that it's been 5 years since we were bobbing around on the Atlantic Ocean, on board The Majesty Of The Seas, trying quite unsuccessfully to outrun Hurricane Irene. Some nightmares seem like yesterday, even after 5 years.

Yesterday, we were in an area of the campground where a huge, old chestnut tree was dropping ripe chestnuts. I picked up half a dozen, still in their outer pods. I took them back to our campsite, with visions of "chestnuts roasting on an open fire". I left them on the picnic table in our site. This morning ... HEY ... some ******* woodland creature stole my chestnuts during the night !

We drove 17 km. into Blenheim today to do some grocery shopping, and supplies shopping at Canadian Tire. My priority was to get some fibreglass resin hardener. I got some, and restarted the repair on the damaged lower skirt of the trailer. Worked fine, when the hardener was mixed with the resin. Started to harden within a couple of hours.

Replaced a couple of gaskets underneath the kitchen sink, which was leaking slightly. Lesson no.2 in RV plumbing.

It was such a nice sunny day I decided to go fishing late this afternoon. Caught 3 Bluegills and 1 Northern Pike. Good thing I don't rely on my fishing prowess to feed my family.

A quiet, pleasant dinner, followed by a quiet, pleasant evening. Just the two of us ! Well ... and the cats !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment