Saturday, November 12, 2005

November 11, 2005

November 11, 2005

Coarsegold, California

YEAR 2 DAY 147

 

Today was sunny and warm. I was too sick to appreciate it. My cold has moved down into my chest, and become worse. I have a painful cough.

We were planning to take a day trip to Yosemite National Park today, but Joanne thought it best if we postpone for a day or two, to allow me to rest today, hopefully to feel better tomorrow. After morning routines, I did a bit more fussing and puttering with my caulking repair job. I did today's preventive maintenance, then we took Bo for an obedience walk. We drove down to the clubhouse, where Joanne donated a surplus purse, and a long evening dress to their bargain table. I guess we haven't gone to many formal evening events lately. HA HA HA !

We drove into Coarsegold, and stopped at Napa Auto Parts. When I asked for battery side terminal bolts for a 1999 GMC K-3500, he asked if it had a diesel engine. GM diesels need a special, long battery side terminal bolt, with special spacer, for the positive terminal of the primary battery, to accommodate the connection of the 2 batteries together. Holy shit ! How come no GM service department ever told me that ? ! ? I bought a couple of the long side terminal bolts, a couple of the special spacers, and a couple of regular length side terminal bolts. I also found out from the clerk that the lug nuts for my truck are 22 mm. in size. Holy shit ! I've been using a 7/8 inch socket to check and tighten them. No wonder I stripped one. I bought a few lug nuts and a 22 mm. socket.

We drove to the Coarsegold Post Office to mail a parcel to Canada. It was closed for Veteran's Day. HOLY SHIT ! ! ! I missed observing Remembrance Day at 11:00 A.M.. Oh, I'm ashamed of myself !

We returned to SKP Park Of The Sierras. I replaced the stripped lug nut, using the correct size of socket, of course. I replaced the stripped battery terminal bolt. And I replaced the regular length side terminal bolt on the positive side of the primary battery with the long one with the spacer. That connection was the one that gave me a lot of trouble yesterday. It's amazing how well things fit together when you use the correct parts ! Now, with the correct factory battery cable to the starter and alternator, and the correct side terminal bolt and spacer on the primary battery positive terminal, the battery cabling and connections are the same as when the truck came out of the factory. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the battery and starter problems that have plagued this truck since I bought it 2 years ago.

We had a late lunch. I took a long nap, hoping that rest would make me feel better, quicker. It didn't. I went outside and put away the truck jack components in their awkwardly positioned storage pod under the rear seat. I had left some of the components out yesterday. I needed them to remove the stripped lug nut. Then I fiddled with the truck radio. All of the radio settings, and clock time, were lost yesterday when I disconnected both batteries. Joanne wanted me to install a separate hook inside the bedroom closet for a belt and tie hanger of mine that catches on other clothes and hangers, when it's hanging on the regular closet bar. I couldn't mount a hook where she wanted it, so I cut off all the troublesome belt hooks, making it into just a tie hanger. Problem solved ! I did today's accounting, then began working on this journal entry. Where did the day go ? ! I walked Bo, revised my daily preventive checklists, then paid the cell phone bill. My goodness ! ! !

We had supper. I read for awhile. I watched TV for awhile. I felt worse. I walked Bo. Had another cup of tea.

At 11:00 P.M., we went outside ... to observe a minute of silence, and remember. Better late than never.

Lest We Forget

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment